LaptopVideo2Go Forums

So many drivers, which to choose?

Guest Taylor

Guest Taylor

I have tried so many different drivers and I honestly just don't know which one to stick with. I have the geforce go 7900 GS on my alienware m9700 laptop. Can someone tell me which driver is the BEST ONE available for this card right now? I would seriously appreciate it heh.

Guest Guest

im using the TweaksRUs XGMobile drivers they are pretty ###### good. you guys should check them out. and its the first driver ive had to give me the option in the nvidia control panel to turn on SLI. the only thing about that..when i play games with SLI on, it is VERY glitchy and unplayable...like black lines going everywhere. anyone know whats up with this??

im using the TweaksRUs XGMobile drivers they are pretty ###### good. you guys should check them out. and its the first driver ive had to give me the option in the nvidia control panel to turn on SLI. the only thing about that..when i play games with SLI on, it is VERY glitchy and unplayable...like black lines going everywhere. anyone know whats up with this??

Tweaks R us base their tweaks on Pieters mods :)

SLI in Vista is poor at best, add in mobile GPU's with no official driver support and you've got a nightmare. Hopefully they will mature with time but for now the best you can do is keep experimenting. Not many people around here with SLI setups so not many people can advise what works best - sorry.