LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 8400M G and Samsung LCD

Darkside_DH

Hey everyone!

I'm using a dvi - hdmi cable to connect my laptop to a samsung lcd. With windows vista everything goes without a problem, the lcd is recognized and i'm able to select the resolution i want. The thing is that i installed Windows XP on the laptop and now i'm having some issues. I'm using the modded .inf available on this site, i think there's only one for the 8400M G. I installed the driver and everything worked well until i connect the laptop to the lcd. Using the laptop display only i uncheck the box ''hide display modes not supported by this monitor'' (or something like this) and im able to see all the resolution types, including the one i want to use on the lcd, 1360x768. The problem is that when i use the lcd i only get 800x600; 1024x768; 1280x800; 1600x900; 1920x1200; i tried to use the custom timings option to insert the 1360x768 one and it says the resolution changed but nothing happens. I tried to use the modded .inf on different forceware versions and it didn't solve the problem.

Thx in advance.

Guest Shogun
Hey everyone!

I'm using a dvi - hdmi cable to connect my laptop to a samsung lcd. With windows vista everything goes without a problem, the lcd is recognized and i'm able to select the resolution i want. The thing is that i installed Windows XP on the laptop and now i'm having some issues. I'm using the modded .inf available on this site, i think there's only one for the 8400M G. I installed the driver and everything worked well until i connect the laptop to the lcd. Using the laptop display only i uncheck the box ''hide display modes not supported by this monitor'' (or something like this) and im able to see all the resolution types, including the one i want to use on the lcd, 1360x768. The problem is that when i use the lcd i only get 800x600; 1024x768; 1280x800; 1600x900; 1920x1200; i tried to use the custom timings option to insert the 1360x768 one and it says the resolution changed but nothing happens. I tried to use the modded .inf on different forceware versions and it didn't solve the problem.

Thx in advance.

Which moddet inf? I thought there are no modded infs for the 8X00M Chips? Ok... maybe I'm blind. Please help me where they are. I'm searching for two weeks now.

I've tried some games on the laptop while running Windows XP and the resolutions aren't right, the image is cut on some resolutions and on higher resolutions its too big. Probably it's a problem with the drivers, right? On Windows vista with the proper drivers everything works right. Can anyone help? Will there be any new drivers for this graphics card?

Thanks