LaptopVideo2Go Forums

laptop suggestion?

blargman

Looking for a laptop with a decent graphics card in it for under 2k, preferably under 1500$. SOmething with MXM card slot. Preferably something that will support the 8800M when it comes out. AFAIK the 8800M is up in the air and no one knows what type it will be. I've gathered most ppl assume its going to be type III. So I guess that would be a requirement of the laptop.

Any thoughts? pricing is not that constrictive. i'm probably looking at financing the laptop. I think preferably as for a video card, i'd like a 7900 or 7950gtx. the 8600m's don't enthuse me that much with performance numbers around the same as a 7900gs. :s But, well I'm open to the thought of one if a 7900 or 7950gtx is WAY too much, over 2500 is probably my limit.

Edited by blargman

Well, the latest offering from Clevo seem to have MXM Type HE, wich is as future proof as it gets..