LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SVideo

Guest AEDan1977

Guest AEDan1977

Is there a way to either disable svideo support or turn off the svideo port all together in the nvidia drivers? Whether it is a registry tweak, setting to change, or inf file modification

Thanks

Dan

Is there a way to either disable svideo support or turn off the svideo port all together in the nvidia drivers? Whether it is a registry tweak, setting to change, or inf file modification

Thanks

Dan

Set the graphics driver output to Single Display Only. That will disable your S-Video port till you need it.

Set the graphics driver output to Single Display Only. That will disable your S-Video port till you need it.

It is set on that but when I close the lid on my laptop my computer automatically switches from the display to the svideo port. It still is single display only but the display has changed. I dont want it to do this.

Dan

Guest Shawn

I think I got the same problem as Dan here. I have my GeForce 5200 set to single display to VGA setting, and yet when I turn on my PC without the VGA cable (monitor) plugged in, it resets to S-Video, and it's really annoying cuz I half to go in safe mode and do a system recovery each time that happens. So if anyone knows a way of disabling the S-Video completely (such as in the regedit, or disabling or uninstalling part of a driver), I have the drivers, I can always re-install it later when the day comes that I do have a TV with S-Video feature.

Email me at "Fox_Almighty@hotmail.com" plz if you know the answer, cuz this could possibly take a while to get answered.

thnx in advance