LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800m in the future

newlands

Hi i have ordered an xtreme 770 from rock the thing that lets me down slightly is the 8700 so i am wondering if and when the 8800 will be available? I have ordered from here before for my old laptop and getting a 7900 gs so would anyone be interested in this card as i dont need it anymore (it has been modified slightly to fit in an fujitsu siemens amilo)

thanks for reading

The 8800M might require a MB upgrade and/or a AC adaptor upgrade when it comes out.

I can't see the 8800M coming out till there is a die shrink as it looks to gobble too much power for a laptop.

Never rely on true uogradability in a laptop the 8700M might be the best you'll have for your machine.

Very often newer GPU's require little changes to the MB to handle the new requirements.

Often not known till the GPU is out.

thankyou for the quick response im going to have to think now if i really can upgrade this laptop

is anyone interested in an 7900gs because i have a relatikvely new one bought from ths site in my current laptop

thanks