LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASUS C90 MXM?

RangerXML

Any idea yet if I can just put an MXM card into my Asus C90s? Its avalible with the Go 7700 and 8600M GT, both cards are about the same, but I want something more powerful. Consider me spoiled from having had a Go 7900GS.

Hi Ranger,

The 8600GT is currently the fastest card available on Type II and will probably remain so for some time.

Seems you're stuck with this card :)

Cool, cool. Well once you OC it its not half bad.

• 4 weeks later...

It will work in no MXM slots except for the Asus C90.

• 2 months later...

I heard from the MXM site that someone got an x1900 working in an MXM type I/II notebook, the Amilo A3667 by fujitsu-siemens

Is it possible to get this card in a C90s? I would be more than happy to volunteer mine. I have no real qualms with the 8600gt if I can't get it to work but it would be nice for the extra kick the x1900 will have and also there's no ATI solution for the C90 and I have been an ati buff since my 9600xt I purchased what seems like ages ago. If that won't work then is there any kind of ati card I can fit in so that I know where to try and find a donor laptop someone might be parting out?

• 3 weeks later...
I heard from the MXM site that someone got an x1900 working in an MXM type I/II notebook, the Amilo A3667 by fujitsu-siemens

Is it possible to get this card in a C90s? I would be more than happy to volunteer mine. I have no real qualms with the 8600gt if I can't get it to work but it would be nice for the extra kick the x1900 will have and also there's no ATI solution for the C90 and I have been an ati buff since my 9600xt I purchased what seems like ages ago. If that won't work then is there any kind of ati card I can fit in so that I know where to try and find a donor laptop someone might be parting out?

I was F(&^*** disappointed that C90s has only a...F(&^*** mxm II. F(&^*** Asus. Oh, and 9600...F(&^*** LOL WOW A NEXT GEN MID CARD...FULL OF CRUD. WHAT A F(&^*** DISAPPOINTMENT C90S IS.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest-z

To the the guest above, the C90s isn't really a disapointment. Its one of the first upgradable laptops and aparently you just can't be happy with hardware and technology as it is. Asus is going to be making other cards, just at the moment its not the easiest thing to do given limitations such as power, heat disapation and die shrinking. Wait till the 9x00 series comes out, I'm sure Asus won't leave us hanging on per say a 9600m.

Guest themanwithsauce
I was F(&^*** disappointed that C90s has only a...F(&^*** mxm II. F(&^*** Asus. Oh, and 9600...F(&^*** LOL WOW A NEXT GEN MID CARD...FULL OF CRUD. WHAT A F(&^*** DISAPPOINTMENT C90S IS.

Um...it's a 15.4" notebook for under $2000 what do you honestly expect? The alienware 15.4" is far inferior and costs the same if not more than a C90s. Also the 9600m will probably be better than a 7950gtx is today and more than capable of handling modern games. The reason people say it's a failure is because nothing new has come out yet to upgrade to. Give it about a year and watch as the C90s comes into its own as a very versatile and powerful notebook for the money.