LaptopVideo2Go Forums

non-existent drivers for NVS 135M and XP Home?

billtron

I have searched high and low for drivers that work with the NVS 135M and Windows XP Home on a new Dell Latitude D630. Anything that I try comes up short. 165.01 won't return from sleep or hibernation; the latest Dell drivers freeze suddenly or the nv4_disp causes a blue screen of death.

I have found plenty of suggestions for the 135M and Vista, but if anyone can recommend something that works for XP I would be very happy. I spoke to Dell and they are stumped and asked me to send in the machine on Monday for a replacement, but if the problems are caused by faulty drivers then getting a new machine won't help.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve Cuz

I have had my D630 for about a month with XP factory installed and the nvidia dvs 135 quadro discrete graphics. I don't have problems with the sleep or hibernation performance as far as I can tell though I usually have the notebook plugged in and those features disabled. I have used them at times successfully. The only problem I've seen is that the PowerDVD application will totally lock the notebook up after about 30 minutes of playing a movie, or less. It ends up in the blue screen of death eventually though the movie plays fine right up to the point it crashes. However using the free VLC player movies do great. I have seen a couple of artifacts on an HP all-in-one printer software application where some of the text appears in illegible fonts but I've seen that on othe pc's with wide aspect resolutions activated before. The pc handles low demand games like Battlefield II and Counterstrike Source at High Res with good frame rates. No complaints once I found a DVD player that works with the driver. Good luck, it sounds to me like you have a hardware issue and not a driver issue. Cuz