LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WHAT IS THE TYPE OF 8700m GT

trimaxsahinabi

hii,WHAT IS THE TYPE OF 8700m GT? and can i upgrade my acer with this video card.(in my acer;8600m gt-gddr2 and its model; 5920G)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELPS.

Edited by trimaxsahinabi

Guest The Watcher

The 8700 is a type III (which currently only fit in 17" and larger notebooks).

The Acer 5920 is a 15" notebook, so it would not support a type III 8700 :)

The 8600 is still a pretty decent card, and while the 8700 would preform better than it - it would not be by a hugely significant amount (depends on what you are using it on).

What is it that your 8600 doesn't do well enough that you think the 8700 would do better?

:) ...video card in 5920g uses gddr2 and and after 2 years may be it can't open games easily as today.and i am living in turkey.here electronics are so expensive because of taxes(for example ASUS G1S ' s price is 2830 $ in here).i thought that may be i can change video card later,and so i won't have to give a lot of money again for a new one...

somebody says that,there is a slot in 5920g.can it be for SLI...and so,can i use a second video card in my acer.

Hi,

It is a single MXM slot. If you are lucky, there will be something like a 9600GT in two years time and you could upgrade to that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently still trying to find 8600 cards that actually work on other MXM platforms. So I really can't comment on price or details right now.

What really is the preformence difference between the 8600MGT 512MB GDDR2 and the 8600MGT 265MB GDDR3.

I'm currently still trying to find 8600 cards that actually work on other MXM platforms. So I really can't comment on price or details right now.

http://www.ajump.com/ajump/product.asp?dep...p;pf_id=6A40168

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...ufacture=Others

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Asus_NVIDIA_860...-id-579488.html

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on why you need them. They seem incompatible with "older" mxm hardware.

I read about nvidia planning to introduce the 8800 into notebooks and will consume only 22W. There is a tiny possibilty that this one could be a MXM II if it only consumes 22W but it is more probable that the next MXM II card will be the 9600.

What really is the preformence difference between the 8600MGT 512MB GDDR2 and the 8600MGT 265MB GDDR3.

the 8600 with gddr3 is about 15% faster. I have the C90s with a 8600GT 512MB gddr2 and reach a 3dmark06 score of 3350 but I run it overclocked at 500gpu/475memory clock (stock is 475/400) and the 8600GT 256MB gddr3 gets a 3dmark06 score of 36xx without overclocking it that means it is prossible to reach a score of 42xx with it.

The 8700 is a type III (which currently only fit in 17" and larger notebooks).

There are some 15" that have type III like asus Z81sp.

The ajump link as an internet worm: viruslist

• 6 months later...

Hello, I have acer aspire 9424wsmi 17" t5600 7300go, which mxm type is possible for me to upgrade can I use go8700 or go7900gs? Are you selling anything compatible?

Guest zinki
HELLO i have MSI GX 700-012

IS IT upgradable in sli of 8600 GT 512 ??

:)

that book has a "abdenkung" withn srews. u had to open them and then u could see if ther is an second mxm slot! but i don`t think so!