LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce go 7600 PCI Express Driver

jomofo45

I have an Aspire 9805 WKHi big hunking notebook and I keep booting up to the blue screen. It has a Geforce Go 7600 PCI Express card with 256K of memory and I have checked here and with ACER support and have had no luck in finding the right driver. I have reinstalled the initial load several times and it will work for a while and then go to the blue screen. If anyone has any idea what driver will work will work or what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.

Guest Paul Dee
I have an Aspire 9805 WKHi big hunking notebook and I keep booting up to the blue screen. It has a Geforce Go 7600 PCI Express card with 256K of memory and I have checked here and with ACER support and have had no luck in finding the right driver. I have reinstalled the initial load several times and it will work for a while and then go to the blue screen. If anyone has any idea what driver will work will work or what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.

You have the Nvidia GeForce Go, which is an awesome card, firstly i need to know what version of Windows you are using (if your using windows that is), also when you say initial load do you mean the restoration CD that was included with you laptop or something else. In Either case you need to download the lastest drivers for the operating system you are using. All Nvidia Cards use the same driver "Forceware" so there is no specific driver for your card. The only thing is that Nvidia does not include the GeFore Go cards in their Driver Package INF files because most manufacturers include specific functions with their laptops for perfomance and power saving that Desktop computers do not require, this is different for every manufacturer so Nvidia neglect to include support for the GeForce Go cards as standard in their drivers, in this case you manufacturer "Acer" will have a custom driver you can use which will almost definately have features speciic to your laptop but will most likely be older than the current Nvidia Forceware release. You can however download the latest Drivers from Nvidia.com and once they have been downloaded extract and run the installation it will tell you it cant install because it cant find any compatible hardware. Download a modded INF file from the download section on this website and copy it to where the nvidia setup files were extracted usually C:/Nvidia/Drivers/Version and it will ask you to replace the INF already located in that folder, choose yes then scroll down to find Setup.exe and run it, this time it will install with no problems assuming you follow these instructions.

Paul.

Sorry to take so long getting back to you but I tried what you recommended and had no success. I am running Genuine Windows XP Media Center edition 2005 (rollup2). I have reinstalled using the initial install disk and things might work for a while but eventually the screen freezes and then I have to do a hard shutdown (power switch) and after restarting I get the diskcheck screen and then the blue screen. I have a windows XP suto install from work that loads up and runs fine except that I have none of the Media Center functions and can't connect to the network but video works and the system never freezes or gets a blue. I am about to try the initial install disk again and at least get the video driver and inf file copied off before it craps out again. Thanks for your help and let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Joe