LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nvidia control panel and a couple of questions

durad

hey guys,this is my first post,

heres the situation,i installed the latest driver 163.15 in my asus g1s,but the only way to do it was with the update driver from windows vista,i didnt used the setup from nvidia that it came with because i get this error " this is for windows vista 32 and you dont have it"(or something like that)..i do have windows vista 32bit ultimate

so heres my question,does the control panel increase the performance or graphics quality in any way?if not i dont need it,if yes,do you know a way to solve the problem above so i can install it?

and second,in all my video files they dont show the preview screeny like they were suposed to,the files only gives the information that they are video files,thats a minor issue but i would like them to display the image from the video,if you know anything about this please help

sory for bad english and thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys,this is my first post,

heres the situation,i installed the latest driver 163.15 in my asus g1s,but the only way to do it was with the update driver from windows vista,i didnt used the setup from nvidia that it came with because i get this error " this is for windows vista 32 and you dont have it"(or something like that)..i do have windows vista 32bit ultimate

so heres my question,does the control panel increase the performance or graphics quality in any way?if not i dont need it,if yes,do you know a way to solve the problem above so i can install it?

and second,in all my video files they dont show the preview screeny like they were suposed to,the files only gives the information that they are video files,thats a minor issue but i would like them to display the image from the video,if you know anything about this please help

sory for bad english and thanks in advance

The control panel for vista is pretty much worthless. The settings in there do little to increase or decrease performance unless you know what you're doing. If you do need it, you can always download NVtweak and NVtray.

As for the video files, first of all, is your view mode in thumbnail display? I know its pretty stupid, but you didnt really specify. Also, whats the file extension? Are they .AVI or .MKVs? Most of my video files show the preview image except my .MKVs. Not sure if that helps.