LaptopVideo2Go Forums

need driver for Pavillion zv 5131 ea equipped with a GeForce4 440 go 64M

The_Gris

Hi guys!

Sorry to disturb you, but I've a slight problem with W. Vista: I have a Pavillion zv 5131 ea equipped with a GeForce4 440 go 64M. And any attempt to install the drivers (tried every available, but stick with the 100.65) failed, as the system tells me those drivers weren't designed for Vista but for XP.

If there is a way, I'd be happy to here it. Or it would be enough to have a link to the answer to my question: the search options of the forum seem not to be working, so I wasn't able to conduct an extensive search. If I'm bugging you, I'm really sorry..

Hope to hear from you soon..!

Guest Nathan

I get the error: The system cannot find the file specified

This is when I am in Device Manager, trying to update to any drivers above 97.54 that came with my laptop. I really have been trying to load the 158.18 drivers, but same effect. Anybody know why this is?

Laptop is the (infamous) Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 w/ GeForce Go 7900 running vista

Hi guys!

Sorry to disturb you, but I've a slight problem with W. Vista: I have a Pavillion zv 5131 ea equipped with a GeForce4 440 go 64M. And any attempt to install the drivers (tried every available, but stick with the 100.65) failed, as the system tells me those drivers weren't designed for Vista but for XP.

If there is a way, I'd be happy to here it. Or it would be enough to have a link to the answer to my question: the search options of the forum seem not to be working, so I wasn't able to conduct an extensive search. If I'm bugging you, I'm really sorry..

Hope to hear from you soon..!

nvidia does not support the geforce4 series in vista. your best option is to try the 96.85 driver and modded inf, and see if you can get that going (this is the same driver MS provides as a default in vista, but at least you will have some of the control panel options if you can get it up)