LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Community Led Driver Recommendations-GeForce2 Go and GeForce4 4xx Go Series

Bill

I have a venerable Dell Precision m50 with the pain in the arse sec.... screen and a quadro4 700 go gl card.

I'm currently running 95.97 with the inf with no extra tweaks. Runs very smoothly.

• 4 weeks later...

I must be missing something very obvious because all of you take this thing for granted but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a driver to install on my laptop! I have an old Inspiron 8000 running Windows 98 with a GeForce2 Go in it and the only desire of my heart is to install a driver on this thing that will allow the screen to display in 1600x1200 resolution. Every driver I ever download errors out and says it does not support my video card, which doesn't surprise me since nVidia really doesn't support the Go chips with their reference drivers. So where in the world are you all getting drivers that install without errors on your systems?

Edited by Bycote

Most of us have never run these modded INFs on win98. I know in 2000/XP you can use the 2x.xx, 3x.xx, 4x.xx, and 5x.xx drivers with decent results (on GF 2/4go) using the mod INF, or just the straight up Dell drivers. (like 42.57 or whatever)

Try this driver here.

And this inf attached (from the 40 series INF pack).

If it doesn't work you should upgrade to windows XP or Ubuntu. You really shouldn't expect us to help you with Windows 9x.

It really only belongs in a museum these days.

nvaml.inf

I don't *expect* any of you to help me with anything. But since the existence of this forum seems to imply to me that somebody out there may be willing or eager to help me, I will humbly and happily accept any kindness they offer. My choice of operating system is mine to make and I think in my circumstances Windows 98 is a much better choice than XP or any other Microsoft OS, and I am not willing to learn my way around another so 98 is my choice and I'm sticking with it. :^)

Thank you for your help, it seems to be working fine now. The Win9x drivers I was trying to get from this website were no longer hosted so I tried using the modified INF files I found in a sticky thread somewhere but it didn't have the INF files I needed. Finally I found a Win9x driver and modified INF file that still exists on the server so I grabbed it and installed it.

You can't possibly have a good reason to still use Win 98. Saying you don't want to learn how to use XP is not an excuse either. It wasn't a good excuse back in 2002 either.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm hunting around for the best driver and modded inf for using the TV out of my Inspiron 8200 (GeForce2 Go). I only use this machine for occasional web surfing but mostly watching DivX with VLC overlayed to TV. I don't play games on this machine.

I've tried several some that detect the TV correctly, but they seem slow, and when I bring up nView the laptop screen flashes for a second or two before settling.

I'm on 84.25 now, but previously I tried 94.22 and 94.24 and I they either didn't work during install (missing nvmccs.dll) or were for completely different hardware.

Finally I can't find TV Tool on the net any more, so wondered if there was any other way of getting rid of the black border around the tv picture.

Anyone got a good driver/inf combination for this machine?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Oh yeah, I'm using an nLite stripped version of Windows XP Pro SP3.

I think the screen flashing will go away when you OC, its the laptop checking the clock speed. (you can try forcing the default clock speed to check this)

You should use 7x.xx or 8x.xx drivers only. (or go back to really old 4x.xx drivers)

Like 82.10, 81.98, etc.