LaptopVideo2Go Forums

VISTA: reduce the hardware acceleration level

krivis

Help me pls.

I need to reduce the hardware acceleration level of my graphic card driver because i have conflicts.

I can not do this because in windows Vista this option is grayed out.

Does someone know how can i lower this setting??

Display properties/ advanced/ troubleshooting.

pls someone help pls i have conflicts with the graphic card and the wireless card so if i want to use the wireless this setting must be lower.

Well there is this free program you can download called rivatuner that is usually used to overclock the gpus but in your case you can underclock your gpu slightly.

good luck

thx man i have the riva tuner installed but there is no option for downsizeing the hardware accerelation level. this is not for overclocking just i need to make the directx not to render the bitmaps and cursors. In WinXp there is this option in troubleschooting and is working. but here in this stupid windows called VISTA i cant. Vista is full of s*** they made it for prisons :) :)

LOL (they made vista for prisons. "omg I'ma search escape plans on the internet")

well I would like to give you more detailed instructions but I am on my laptop right now and I only have rivatuner on my computer and I don't remember what to click and stuff. there should be some rivatuner guides all over the internet if you search, and the guides usually teach you how to overclock, but in your case you should do the opposite. Do some experimenting and don't underclock TOO much.

wait actuaully you should first contact your laptop provider or store. or go to geek squad @ best buy. (even though their services are kind of expensive and bad) or you should go to firedog @ circuit city, I hear they give free laptop checkups. But if I were you I would search online for a solution first. (internet=EVERYTHING)

oh by the way if you want to know anything you could ask people at yahoo answers

Edited by I Ate Your Pie

When you open the options menu, right click on it first and select "run as administrator" Sometimes important options are greyed out if you dont do this, even if you are logged in as admin you still need to do this...perhaps seems a little overkill on the security but im sure one day it will come in usefull.... lol