LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking problem because of drivers

SymphonyX

Here's the thing. I have a forceware 92.91 drivers before and I can easily overclock without any problem. So I tried forceware drivers 162.18, but to my dismay, I can't overclock even with nTune. So I installed 162.18 and reinstalled 92.91. But now I still can't overclock!!! WTH?! I applied Coolbits again, but nothing happened. Can't overclock even with Riva Tuner! Bah. Does anyone know how to fix this? F(&^*** 162.18 drivers. I never should have installed them.

Going back in drivers leaves very often driver remnants that do just such problems. Get Driver Cleaner Pro and run it in after uninstall and then the fresh driver should install w/o problems.

Thanks a lot zipper! Got the problem fixed now. :)

BTW, would you know of any driver that's newer than my 92.91 that allows me to overclock? The 162.18 is nice, but I can't overclock using that driver.

Edited by SymphonyX

Thanks a lot zipper! Got the problem fixed now. :)

BTW, would you know of any driver that's newer than my 92.91 that allows me to overclock? The 162.18 is nice, but I can't overclock using that driver.

I doubt you get any benefits from newer drivers with 6600; I use 97.92 with my 6800 as the 15x. drivers I tried did cough on Wmv videos.

Well, there might be some special problem corrected in later drivers, the changelogs may give a clue.

Damn it! I thought it was okay till I monitored my GPU using RivaTuner. It's still at stock clocks!!! F(&^*** 162.18 DRIVERS!!! ARGGHHH!!! DIE NVIDIA!!! DIE!!! Bah. The new control panel sucks, you can't overclock unless you're using an Nforce mobo, and a lot of other crap.

I use 97.92 - 97.95 also partly because they overclock happily with RivaTuner, my trials with 15x. didn't overclock.