LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best drivers for CS:S and QOSMIO Go6600

Guest A Happy Toshiba Owner

Guest A Happy Toshiba Owner

I have a Toshiba QOSMIO (bad arse) with a Go 6600 (128MB) and I have tried so many drivers and the best one so far that I gotten the best FPS from are the Z-Tweaked v8725 Drivers.. normally in CS:S I would get around 69-72fps (high-res) now I get 75-80.. It's nice. :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have Go6600 128MB. I wanted to try the Z-Tweaked 87.25 driver mentioned above but it seems that it doesn't support mobile cards.

I wonder how "Guest_A Happy Toshiba Owner" managed to install this. :)

Can anyone help me with that? I really would like to give it a try.

Thank you, and sorry if that's a bit off topic! :)

1. Download the driver

2. Download the Modded inf from LaptopVideo2Go (same driver version)

3. Unpack the driver

4. Copy and past (and replace the old file by the new file) the modded inf into the unpack directory

5. Install the driver from the unpacked folder

Give it a try and report back here or if you have found a new solution for it!

PeterPan

Guest Guest GWEN

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the fast response! I did as you told me and it seems to work fine. But I got another question now:

Does the driver now still got the same "tweaks" as if I would use the original inf? I mean, I used the enhanced perfomance inf from here

and replaced it as you described. I'm just curious whether the "original Z-Tweaks" are defined in the original inf-file!? :)

Or in other words: is the driver that I now use different from the "normal" Nvidia 87.25 with modded inf?

From what I understand inf files contain the driver version and the hardwaresignatures to recognize the hardware (which should match the gpu's listed in the inf). I don't know if they contain the tweaks, most likely not (figuring from the small size of the thing).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the tweaked driver is still tweaked in the way you now installed it.

You could find out for yourself by doing some testing. Play CS:Source for awhile and look at the fps you're getting (net_graph 1/2/3 in console)

It should be higher than before.

Have fun with the drivers!

PeterPan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I was wondering exactly how to install the z-tweaked thing...when i unpack it i dont know where the files are being extracted to so i cant replace the inf file into that folder. Then the install wizard automatically starts...where are the files unpacked to? I get the drivers from guru3d Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I was wondering exactly how to install the z-tweaked thing...when i unpack it i dont know where the files are being extracted to so i cant replace the inf file into that folder. Then the install wizard automatically starts...where are the files unpacked to? I get the drivers from guru3d Thanks for the help

Perhaps you should download one in zip/rar. Perhaps you should unrar the one you have to the desired location (if possible).

If above is not an option or your just lazy, look in the following maps. Most likely there in here:

C:\windows\temp

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp (you have to have "show hiden maps" select under mapoptions or something like that (I'm dutch, don't know the exact translation used by windows in english), otherwise you will not be able to see the map).

Anyways good luck, as you see it possible so just follow the above and everything should be fine.

Greetz

PvP

Edited by PvP