LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Embedded QT broken aft upgrading to v165.01

ralliart12

Hi fellows. I'd completely uninstalled my previous OEM Samsung 83.10 driver 1st using Add/Remove Programs, followed by a Driver Sweeper in Safe mode. After which I proceeded to install the v165.01 for WinXP, 32bit using a modded inf as per normal procedures. After which, everything is normal, I'm able to playback my videos of various codecs, able to watch YouTube & other embedded video sites, but just playing a Quicktime trailer from apple's site shows up as green lines & subsequently crashes my Firefox. Similar situation watching QT using my Internet Explorer. Do note, all other FORMATs & external files, & even those youtube sites, all working properly. Just Quicktime(embedded, as those high-def trailers I downloaded were also able to playback without any issues) combined with my web browserS giving me issues.

A screen shot in the attached image:

QT_firefox.JPG

Erm...so what now? How should I go about fixing it? Thanx. I'm quite new to installing drivers using modded inf files, so any help is appreciated.

Those drivers are bugged for quite a few people (including myself)

Do you use Quicktime? Or QuickTime alternative? (this is a browser plugin to play qt files without needing the crappy quicktime)

What you could do is check if you have the latest quicktime / quicktime altenative and install the latest if not.

Otherwise try another driver (I'd suggest http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....14560&st=0), but that's just something personal.

EDIT: 163.44 as I suggested has the same problem. I used the latest quicktime alternative and for some reason I get the same screen as you.

Guess you should look into another driver than those 2 (165.01 and 163.44).

So guess I am looking for a solution for this problem now to :)

Edited by PvP

Those drivers are bugged for quite a few people (including myself)

Do you use Quicktime? Or QuickTime alternative? (this is a browser plugin to play qt files without needing the crappy quicktime)

What you could do is check if you have the latest quicktime / quicktime altenative and install the latest if not.

Otherwise try another driver (I'd suggest http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....14560&st=0), but that's just something personal.

EDIT: 163.44 as I suggested has the same problem. I used the latest quicktime alternative and for some reason I get the same screen as you.

Guess you should look into another driver than those 2 (165.01 and 163.44).

So guess I am looking for a solution for this problem now to :)

I've BOTH QT & QT Alt installed on my system. What I actually did this morning was:

UNinstall 165.01 using Add/Remove followed by Driver Sweeper in Safe mode.

Obtain the modded 'modded' INF WITH VMR fix enabled.

REinstall the same version, 165.01 using this modded modded INF!

AFTER 2 restarts(after 1st restart I'm still getting the crashes & green bands)s, Am able to playback my QT-embedded websites already!

So u may wanna try the VMR fix-enabled INF...

P.S. Was browsing ard in the new nVidia ctrl panel, may I know how come under "Adjust Video Color Settings", the few settings there are already NOT at 0% even though I'd never tweak them b4?

165.01_fixed.JPG

Thanx.

I've BOTH QT & QT Alt installed on my system. What I actually did this morning was:

UNinstall 165.01 using Add/Remove followed by Driver Sweeper in Safe mode.

Obtain the modded 'modded' INF WITH VMR fix enabled.

REinstall the same version, 165.01 using this modded modded INF!

AFTER 2 restarts(after 1st restart I'm still getting the crashes & green bands)s, Am able to playback my QT-embedded websites already!

So u may wanna try the VMR fix-enabled INF...

P.S. Was browsing ard in the new nVidia ctrl panel, may I know how come under "Adjust Video Color Settings", the few settings there are already NOT at 0% even though I'd never tweak them b4?

165.01_fixed.JPG

Thanx.

INF Enhancer isn't available for 163.44. So I'll have to change drivers or perhaps it will be added in the near future?

About the settings under 'Adjust Video Color', it's standard. I have the exactly the same as displayed on your picture, so no worries about that.

Edited by PvP