• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slybeans

• ®®®

• Jacko87

• holotropik

Working without problems on my 8400M G! :P

Too bad that RivaTuner doesnt allow to OC with this version :)

Thanks! :)

Rivatuner 2.04 will work with these drivers, but they will only work for the desktops ones, unless the mobile ones get reworked for it.

Guest wat_helmet

hello,

installed the new drivers over 163.44.

i'm currently using a laptop and a external lcd as a second display,

i find that each time i restart, the second monitor reverts to

1360x768 resolution, rather than its native 1440x900.

so not perfect, thats a bug.

i'm using the nvidia 8600m gs, on a benq joybook s41

These drivers VASTLY improved performance in all UE3 games (Bioshock, MOH:A) on my 8700 GT. I highly reccomend them.

Tested with Insurgency : Modern Infantry Combat (HL2 mod) (1440x900, maximum quality)

163.67 : 15-30fps (min-max)

163.44 : 50-100fps (min-max)

(toshiba x200-20g, intel T7300, 2GB Ram, 8700M GT 512Mo)

So i do not recommend this driver (163.67) since it doesn't work properly with Source Engine...

Edited by jio

These drivers works perfectly with acer 5920G (nvidia geforce mobile GT 8600). I noticed a visible increase of performances in bioshock. You realy don't need test to say that the game runs smoothly.

Hmmm.. I also have an acer 5920G and I experienced fluctuating behavior (stop-run) and low frame rates when I benchmark fear. I don't know but I got (ave) 50+ frames per second on stock driver but with this one I only got 33 fps (ave).. :)

nvidia quadro nvs 140m

Downloaded and installed the driver with the moded inf file, but got a black screen and had to reboot.

What did I do wrong, or is the file not compatible with my card...anyone know? :)

Running great on my Go 7950 GTX. Not much is different from the equally good/stable 163.44's, but whatev'. Recommended.

• 4 weeks later...

im running an nvidia geforce 8400M GS and when i try to install the driver it says that the program could not find compatible drivers to update. is this just because im trying to install an incorrect driver?

No, you need to use the modded INF which is always provided as link in the first post of all driver threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got an Acer Aspire 5920 too (8600M, GT) and I only got one thing to say..

AWESOME :)

I played Crysis earlier this evening (on stock drivers) and was wondering why Crysis wanted to push settings to medium/high although framerates were HORRIBLE (3-8 fps). Then I downloaded these drivers and voila, 25-30.

I advice everybody with the same card to download these drivers asap.

Just installed on my Clevo M57U

Works fine.

Makes Crysis demo shine!!

Works OK in Oblivion so far :)

Gained extra 200 points in 3Dmark06 basic

5048 -> 5268

I get this error http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vi...allerrorkc5.jpg when I try and install on Vista Ultimate 32bit. It is a fresh install with all automatic updates run, note this is installed into a Virtual Machine into Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.

Any help? any suggestions to edit the inf to get this to work in a virtual machine? I have also tried this using VMWare and have had the same error. Note I am running a Dell XPS M1710 with a Geforce Go 7900 GTX

vista32installerrorkc5.th.jpg

ive got a problem, ive downloaded drivers before and they have worked fine... but ive just reinstalled vista and every driver i have tried just crashes my system half way through the install... any ideas?

These drivers make need fot speed underground 2 stop and start randomly. It freezes music and all, for a min or so then starts again as if nothing had happened. Windows gives a message that says the display driver stopped working and that it is working again. But then it does it again. Hp dv2533tx with 8400m gs, the stock driver runs the game fine, version 7.15.11.119 is what device manager calls it.

FYI,

this version still give me the same bad result as previous versions for my laptop of 440 GO 64MB card in VISTA.

the original driver doens't have my card in the list so I used Modded INF so I can install the driver. however, after I restart, the video became unknown. I went to the hardware manager and found the card is disabled with "!" in front. I have tried few drivers already and nothing works so I went back to use XP driver in vista. however, VISTA sees it has no GPU so the graphic speed is slow. (in the VISTA evaluation, I got 1.0 and 1.0 for this driver, and 1.9 and 1.0 for old XP driver)

please let me know if you are able to make driver run for 440 GO 64 card under Vista.

thank you!

OK.

Drivers worked great on the demo version of Crysis

Just installed Crysis full retail version and it does not like these drivers. Had to roll back to original 98.08 drivers just to play without crashing.

About to try the 156.75 drivers from Clevo.

• 3 months later...