LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.71 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, Team Fortress 2

®®®

Quality of v163.71 VISTA 32bit  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver for mobile usage?

• No
    • Yes

As he tried to explain - nvidia has reased this driver for Vista with

the wrong content. Laptopvideo2go uses automated systems to

create inf-files and the download link based on this content.

Be patient please :)

Jason, if you can get hold of an original MultiLanguage 163.71 INF for VISTA 32bit and the corresponding modes.txt, we'll be glad to insert these files in the driver package, reanalyse, pack, upload and offer the modded INF based on the original INF (as we always do).

I have now edited again (3rd time :) ) the first post again to hopefully better reflect these circumstances.

I just downloaded the drivers off of Nzone and they're 163.71, they register as that aswell. I added my card's id and name and they installed. Only thing is that it's constantly running full power because no powermizer is enabled :) . Any help?

I have tested these and they are fairly stable on my GeForce Go 6150.

PowerMizer and SmartDimmer are gone from the Nvidia Control Panel. It's now built into the Power Controls of Windows Vista.

nvHardPage has a few extra tweaks available in the Registry Edit page.

Anyway, HP/Compaq driver is updated from 165.01 to these on my Custom INF page http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15094 so I will recommend them for daily usage.

Original INF? Easy! Done. Here you go FishBurn.

All you do is add all the tweaks.

nv_disp.inf

I just read this on pcgames hardware

Nvidia veröffentlicht ein neues Forceware-Treiberpaket in der Version 163.71. Die Treiber sind WHQL zertifiziert, unterstützen derzeit aber nur Karten der Baureihen Geforce 5-8 unter Windows XP. Windows-Vista-Benutzer gehen daher zur Zeit noch leer aus.

This means the driver is not yet for vista

Edited by Gorr

Original INF? Easy! Done. Here you go FishBurn.

All you do is add all the tweaks.

Using WhiteTiger's inf, I can say that I notice an improvement in TF2 :)

Uh? The inf you added again is unmodded (ie. doesnt work with the laptop gpu's).

I think the Vista 32 bit driver now is OK @ nVidia's site:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.71.html

From the inf there:

Huzzah! These are supposed to improve Crysis and TF2 performance - can't wait to try 'em out. :)

The driver INF I posted was a tweaked "Vanilla" driver, nothing else. That's all he asked me to do.

Laptops are hard to determine as many have HardwareIDs with variated custom SubsysIDs that can conflict with each other across vendors and/or just have too many variations and custom settings. At best the only way most INFs for laptops can be made are to create separate vendor INFs. You can't just use the Nvidia "vanilla" driver though in reality you actually should.

In actuality if you do attempt to incorporate all custom settings and hardware IDs and subsystem IDs from every vendor the INF would end up so redundant and complicated there would be too many potential conflicts.

Currently I am making HP/Compaq specific INFs to their hardware IDs and specifications.

I will love you long time RRR or Mobile if you'll fix this when you get a spare moment.

:)

:)

In looking at the 163.71 Windows Vista 32-Bit INTERNATIONAL version, you'll see that its still messed up, with the 163.69 INF. This is what Pieter uses for his drivers, so until THAT version is fixed, (the ENGLISH-only version IS fixed, however) I don't suspect there will be a fix.

Just hope NVIDIA fixes the International version, which almost looks like won't happen, as they haven't fixed it thusfar.

The english version never was broken :)

What we do here with the International version is waiting for the WHQL release as it will hopefully include the proper files.

In looking at the 163.71 Windows Vista 32-Bit INTERNATIONAL version, you'll see that its still messed up
Thats' what i wrote a week ago... and i could download and check the driver everyday and write over and over that it's still broken, alas there would be always comments to fix this driver :)

I just tried to install the English version with WhiteTiger's INF file, but I am using a MacBook Pro, so I need a modded one. I am quite new to this but is it possible that someone make a modded INF file for my GF 8600M GT?

Sorry if what I am asking is inappropriate.

This thread makes my brain hurt, 'cause I think I just installed the 163.71 drivers on my laptop...

I downloaded the .inf from the top of this thread (which appear to be the proper 163.71 modded .inf... ???) Then I downloaded the international drivers from Nvidia's website here. I extracted the files from the .exe with 7zip. I placed the modded .inf into the folder.

...and they installed just fine. RivaTuner reports that I have the 163.71 drivers; all of my games run fine, and I seem to have improved performance in the Crysis Beta (it might just be my imagination though).

Am I missing something?

Guest KindaPissed
I just downloaded the drivers off of Nzone and they're 163.71, they register as that aswell. I added my card's id and name and they installed. Only thing is that it's constantly running full power because no powermizer is enabled :) . Any help?

How did you do that? Can someone show me how to find my own cards id and anem and mod the inf myself as laptop2go won't provide the modded inf.

My friend has a desktop and these drivers improved performence quite a bit in TF2, so I am anxious to get this drivers installed on my laptop (8600 GT).

This thread makes my brain hurt, 'cause I think I just installed the 163.71 drivers on my laptop...

I downloaded the .inf from the top of this thread (which appear to be the proper 163.71 modded .inf... ???) Then I downloaded the international drivers from Nvidia's website here. I extracted the files from the .exe with 7zip. I placed the modded .inf into the folder.

...and they installed just fine. RivaTuner reports that I have the 163.71 drivers; all of my games run fine, and I seem to have improved performance in the Crysis Beta (it might just be my imagination though).

Am I missing something?

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I did what you did and it worked! Although my benchmark from 3DMark dropped by 40 points, I am pretty sure my FPS in TF2 and Hellgate increased.