LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7600, ibuypower.com insane!

spitfire6000

ok guys heres the issue, i recently got a new laptop from ibuypower.com for a measily 1380 bucks and it rules, only problem is, nvidia screwed all of us over by not making drivers FOR THEIR OWN PRODUCTS!!

ibuypower tells people to visit :

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...p;prod_no=1029#

for my specific brand of laptop, and to get drivers from there.

I tried installing the driver shown on this page and it turned out to be from 2006, even though its listed as 6,2007....utterly pathetic on both companies parts.

I had installed a driver from here a while ago that is dated 4/27/2007 and the driver version is 7.15.11.6003, not digitally signed. Only problem with this driver i obtained from here, is that i lose all functionality of my nvidia control panel and everything else my video card does besides running games. The framerate difference was barely noticable from the old driver to this newer one i obtained from here.

Since getting this 4/27/2007 dated driver from this website, i have noticed that many more have come out that are both digitally signed and are said to work well with new games.

My question is, how do i know which driver is the one for me? apparently all drivers are said to work anywhere on any card because of nvidias unified arcitechture, so....im not trying to be an arse and ask which driver is best for my geforce go 7600, but after reading all the quides and quickstar guide im still totally lost as to how to find the best driver for me.

The only way im even using the driver im using now, is cause i went into the forums and there was one reply from a fellow 7600go user that said that it was the best driver for a go 7600. And this was months and months ago.

Intellectually gifted people, please assist me and you will forever have my gratitude, and maybe more =)

oh yea i forgot to add, im running it on

Windows vista home premium 32bit

intel core 2 T7200 @ 2.00

2.00 gigs of ram

Nvidia geforce go 7600

ok guys heres the issue, i recently got a new laptop from ibuypower.com for a measily 1380 bucks and it rules, only problem is, nvidia screwed all of us over by not making drivers FOR THEIR OWN PRODUCTS!!

ibuypower tells people to visit :

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...p;prod_no=1029#

for my specific brand of laptop, and to get drivers from there.

I tried installing the driver shown on this page and it turned out to be from 2006, even though its listed as 6,2007....utterly pathetic on both companies parts.

I had installed a driver from here a while ago that is dated 4/27/2007 and the driver version is 7.15.11.6003, not digitally signed. Only problem with this driver i obtained from here, is that i lose all functionality of my nvidia control panel and everything else my video card does besides running games. The framerate difference was barely noticable from the old driver to this newer one i obtained from here.

Since getting this 4/27/2007 dated driver from this website, i have noticed that many more have come out that are both digitally signed and are said to work well with new games.

My question is, how do i know which driver is the one for me? apparently all drivers are said to work anywhere on any card because of nvidias unified arcitechture, so....im not trying to be an arse and ask which driver is best for my geforce go 7600, but after reading all the quides and quickstar guide im still totally lost as to how to find the best driver for me.

The only way im even using the driver im using now, is cause i went into the forums and there was one reply from a fellow 7600go user that said that it was the best driver for a go 7600. And this was months and months ago.

Intellectually gifted people, please assist me and you will forever have my gratitude, and maybe more =)

oh yea i forgot to add, im running it on

Windows vista home premium 32bit

intel core 2 T7200 @ 2.00

2.00 gigs of ram

Nvidia geforce go 7600

I have a similar setup as you, and have yet to find a suitable driver from this website to fit my geforce go 7600 256 meg. Anyone in this forum who can help us out?

Guest computermommie

and news on this yet? ive been following this thread for a couple of days and still no replies, i have a ibuypower.com laptop with a go 7600 as well. Anyone around who can shed some light on our situation?

I haven't tried either, but 163.69 or 163.71 might be worth a shot. They're some of the newer drivers and will probably run well compared to most others available here.

Guest computermom
I haven't tried either, but 163.69 or 163.71 might be worth a shot. They're some of the newer drivers and will probably run well compared to most others available here.

hmm how has the response been toward 163?

163.44 was good and everything newer has incorporated all of the fixes from 163.44, so 163.69 and 163.71 will be good.