LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce go 7800

Guest newguy11

Guest newguy11

I own an Inspiron e1705 laptop that has a Geforce go 7800. This is not to be confused with a Geforce go 7800GTX. I have just the Geforce go 7800. I'm really new to this site and overwhelmed a bit. Can you good folks point me in the right direction for an updated and safe driver I can use, since the driver listed on Dell's support website for a Geforce go 7800 is very old and doesn't seem to get updated and Nvidia's website doesn't have driver support for a Geforce go 7800. Or would it be too unsafe to use a driver that is not on Dell's support site?

Guest Felipe

Not at all. U can use any driver that works with your OS.

I own an Inspiron e1705 laptop that has a Geforce go 7800. This is not to be confused with a Geforce go 7800GTX. I have just the Geforce go 7800. I'm really new to this site and overwhelmed a bit. Can you good folks point me in the right direction for an updated and safe driver I can use, since the driver listed on Dell's support website for a Geforce go 7800 is very old and doesn't seem to get updated and Nvidia's website doesn't have driver support for a Geforce go 7800. Or would it be too unsafe to use a driver that is not on Dell's support site?

• 4 weeks later...

That isn't exactly true. Although most Nvidia cards can use the modded INF's with no problem, I also have a plain Go 7800, and the drivers with the modded INF's don't play games at all. There are artifacts and tearing and shearing.

Including the games: Command and Conquer 3, Portal, HL2, Bioshock, Unreal 3 Demo, etc.

Unless someone can point to me a specific driver version (150.xx or 16x.xx) that works on this card without shearing, the general comment of "sure, just use the modded INF and new driver" isn't true.

I've even started with a fresh windows XP install, windows updates, driver updates, and just games, with the same image problems.

I would love to see an answer besides "just use the Modded INF and drivers, and you'll be fine", because it doesn't work on the Go 7800.