LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DELL XPS M1330 Underperforming?

Guest Windless

Guest Windless

I have a DELL XPS M1330 with an Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.2GHz, 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB SATA 5400RPM HDD, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, GeForce 8400M GS 128MB w/ Total Available memory 895 MB. I'm also using a bluetooth mouse and headphones.

So far my 3dmark06 scores have been:

FW 101.43 1254 (DELL driver)

FW 158.45 1333

FW 163.44 1372

More practically in Oblivion with Medium settings I've had 12 fps, 16 fps, 21 fps respectively.

Is this normal? it seems low to me considering the hardware. If anyone knows that a different FW version might help please let me know. Also I've never really used Bluetooth before this laptop so I'm not sure if this may be sucking up resources, but I doubt that.

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks

I've got the same system, though with T5250 the videocard is just that slow, nothing you can do about that

Edited by Raphie

Guest Windless

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. I'm just glad that the FW 163.44 seems stable and has given me a bit of boost. Still some reviews had the stock comp getting slightly higher scores, but who knows what affects those day-to-day, the phase of the moon, the relative humidity, sunspot activity :)

Thanks anyway

You may even want to try 163.69. It has the tweaks of 163.44 but it's the official release from nVidia so it may be a little more stable.