LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XPS Gen2 6800 Ultra Hanging on Start-Up

Guest AtariElement

Guest AtariElement

I have had an issue ever since the new control panel release. When I install any of the drivers with that CP my system hangs for like 30 seconds immediately after logging into the desktop. No non-system services load until the 30 or so seconds are up.

Has anyone else had this issue?, and if so, what can I do about it?

If you are using XP, you could enable the old CP.

I sometimes have seen my system hang for ~30 sec once it gets to the desktop, though it's only occasionally and usually I've attributed it to the antivirus, since it doesn't load in the taskbar tray until things are going again.

Does the hang also happen with the latest OEM drivers? You may have to stick with older stable drivers for now if those are the only ones without the problem until you find a new driver that works.

I sometimes have seen my system hang for ~30 sec once it gets to the desktop, though it's only occasionally and usually I've attributed it to the antivirus, since it doesn't load in the taskbar tray until things are going again.

That's very probable, my antivirus uses even more time. That's why I mostly hibernate and seldom restart - only when installing requires it.

Guest AtariElement

I have no anti-virus software and I keep my pc immaculate in terms of infections. It seems animecrush has the same issue and I doubt its anti-virus software because chances are none of your post system services have started either, i.e. Steam, Trillian, stuff like that that you have set to start up automatically.

I still can't find a way to enable to old CP. I could on the 90.xx series drivers but it must be else where for the new ones?

I don't think the old CP is in the newer drivers, even if it is, it's probably completely gone in the newest drivers. If theres a way to make it happen though, hopefully that fixes it for you.

I run a pretty bare setup, the only things I have set to start automatically are antivirus, networking and wireless. It makes no difference on my setup whether I have the old or new CP enabled, as far as I can tell. When it hangs, it's so random I wouldn't be able to tell anyway unless I used each CP for a long period of time and saw any difference in the number of hangs at startup.

If you install OEM drivers and get the hang only with the new CP enabled, and the same with your choice of earlier drivers here, I'd agree it's the NV CP by elimination.

I don't think the old CP is in the newer drivers, even if it is, it's probably completely gone in the newest drivers. If theres a way to make it happen though, hopefully that fixes it for you.

Give this a try:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&id=1447