LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Team Fortress 2

Hoffer

I have an inspiron 1720, 8600GT. I get both the odd graphics display thing and the graphics driver itself crashing. Windowed mode solved the game crashing before loading, but these two remain. I can play for hours one day without a single error, and other days it goes within minutes.

I have an inspiron 1720, 8600GT. I get both the odd graphics display thing and the graphics driver itself crashing. Windowed mode solved the game crashing before loading, but these two remain. I can play for hours one day without a single error, and other days it goes within minutes.

i have this same problem. i did some of the Steam troubleshooting, but i didn seem to come up with any answers. I'm going to try running the game without my anti-virus program running and see if that helps. (the troubleshooting page at steam suggested it)

OK, i found this on google, but i don't have a laptop. I do however have a 8600GT, which is what the OP has. Same issue, game sometimes locks up, i've seen the thing about the graphics driver being recovered, and i've seen the thing about CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer. Could this be a problem with the 8600GT itself?

I did this on Vista. I'm going to try on XP (same box) tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problems as you all! installed the 169.04 for vista 64, played for about 2h and no problems at all! Try the crysis drivers(169.04) for your system! I think it will solve the problem!

Cumps everybody!

Edited by krypton33

Had the same problems as you all! installed the 169.04 for vista 64, played for about 2h and no problems at all! Try the crysis drivers(169.04) for your system! I think it will solve the problem!

Cumps everybody!

I can confirm. New drivers seem to work a treat.

• 1 month later...

my comp is also locking up randomly when playing TF2. I always thought it was overheating because it pops up a notifier saying the GPU has stopped responding, but sometimes it would do it after playing like 5 mins; so that cant be the case.

8600m GT

another weird glitch that happens every time i start the game from steam, it would load up and then repeatedly minimize and go back to full screen until I ctrl-alt-delete and switch tasks to it... whats up with that.

Hi

I use the driver 167.59 and it works good.

Maybe when the game not chrashes you should try to press ALT + TAP and then jump back in the game.

In Half Life 2 this graphic thing sometimes appear too but with this ist worked fine so far.

AND SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD (Austria) :)

If you want to play when it works my steam account : chaos_in_person

Edited by Chaos

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the same problem, the game will "freeze" or slow to a near halt, like 0-2 fps and sound is all messed up. What I did was I disabled the hardware acceloration for my sound card and it's given me a lot more stability. I couldn't play Portal for more then a minute, now I can play it easily. Howver the rig is not completely stable, after stand by etc. it might give me this freeze.

Hope this helps

Simon

• 4 months later...
Guest SleepyBen

hey uhh just got tf2 and its not running on my comp either.

i had a quest pass befoer and it was running just fine but as soon as i bought the game it started failing.

any help for me?