LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.26 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Awesome ®®®, thanks so much. You guys just go far and beond... and it's great that you posted that new post on your first page (dare i call it a blog?), just to bring people up to date with what's up here. :P Good stuff.

I'm re-downloading the driver/inf and I'm going to try it on my own laptop. And hopefully I'll get back around to that Win2K/GF2Ti machine on thursday or friday, and try the new stuff and that INF tweak if needed. (i'm bringing whatever nVidia recommended driver is for GeForce 2 as well, just for backup :P )

Also thanks for linking up GPU-Z... I wonder how long those verification things stay online. Those are great :) For instance, mine...

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/mpme4/

anyways, great app.

[edit]

Also, to Guest_scoozer_*.... Have you confirmed that your driver settings in all scenarios are EXACTLY the same? (and i don't mean with the nVidia control panel, cos there's a number of things it has never allowed you to see or control)

check out nHancer, http://www.nHancer.com/

remember or take some screenshots of the settings on your older driver, then use this one (using proper methods for changing drivers) and see what the settings some up as. that should tell you a few things. :) and... then learn about what the settings in nHancer actually do. your gaming experience in general can be a lot better because of it.

[/edit]

Edited by uncajesse

The person that leaked the file made or added a modded INF.

The INF has the link to nvwssr.dll but it looks like it is missing from the driver files.

I've just removed the linking to this file in the INF

So INF v3.232a has this fix.

Driver should now install just fine.

Why I don't like working on non original INFs :)

Guest FilippoMac

I'm trying this on my macbookpro's 8600m GT, but what's the difference by 167.xx series and 163.xx? What is the most recent driver? I see that 163 support bioshock, timeshift, ecc, 167 doesn't?

Guest JohnnyF

Da Ferret mentioned re 163.76 drivers on 13 Oct:

They work great if you only have 1 monitor. Had issues with resolution on second monitor regardless of what i did. Rolled back to the 163.69

I have the same problem with both 163.75 and these 167.26 versions.

The display setting in properties / control panel for the second monitor is the native 1650*1080 but the monitor is displaying 1280 instead :)

If I disconnect the monitor, then reconnect the problem is cured, but comes back again after a reboot.

Seem good drivers with 50 extra points on 3dm2003 so will stick with them for now.

Just wondering is anyone else has the same issue or is it something else I've done - maybe it's an issue that nVidia have missed?

Thanks

Hey guys, thx for the awsome work

and im also having that problem with the second monitor resolution. Hopefully the next set of 167s can do something about that

what program should I use (freeware) that is a good driver scrubber?

I use a couple since no one gets everything, Driver Cleaner Pro, CCleaner (Registery>>Scan for Issues>>Fix) and Driver Sweeper, all from safe mode before reinstalling graphics drivers. Also make sure you get them from a legit website like Guru3d.com since there are a bunch spywares out there under the name Driver Cleaner!

After much auditioning of these drivers, I've concluded that they are good drivers, but the v158.22 drivers (i use the ones by NGO) still are better than these for speed & lack of glitching - on my setup. So if you have a GeForce 7x00 series card, I would check them out if you're having problems with the recent drivers.

However these do work smoother for me than any v16x.xx drivers I've tried so far. I at least have hope for the v16x.xx to get better now.

Hey guys, how come everytime I try to download any driver from any thread from laptopvideo2go forums, I am redirected to http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers instead of leading to http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/165series/16726.exe?

Even if I click on the "Driver" icon on the first post, I'm just led back to that page. Any help?

Edited by NemesisHunter

K, issue has been resolved. Apparently, Zone Alarm doesn't let me download the drivers. I have to temporarily close it when downloading drivers from here. Hope this will help other people with the same issue!

If it's not a misconfigured Download manager, it's a misconfigured Firewall :)

Less is more> XP has a built in basic Firewall. FireFox and Opera come with a built in Download Manger, plus in those days there's rarely need of a DL manager.

Did anyone notice that the default Gamma is now on 25?

That's weird for me, earlier drivers were set at 9.

What is up with this change, its too freaken bright, have to turn it down a lot

I'm still using this driver (until i try 169), and no. I don't think it happened to anyone else yet, or they would have mentioned it, don't you think? Did you:

uninstall old driver

reboot into safemode

run Driver Sweeper

reboot

install using setup.exe with modified ini

reboot

??

• 3 months later...
Guest Raoul Duke

Hello, im running a Geforce 7600Go 256MB. With my old driver 156.87 my cs:s videostress test was @ 64.19FPS.

I deinstalled the complete driver and choose this one 167.26 and i cant believe it ^^

(sry for my bad english)

124,46FPS.....how can that be???...but i love it XD

• 5 months later...

Hello! I've got a problem with the driver/download. I can't extract it. Everytime I try to extract I get a message: "Diagnostic message. Can not open file as archive". I tried it on 2 different PC's but no luck... Can anyone help me or does anybody have another working version and can make a mirror? That would be great... I don't want to use newer version because of OC lock... Sorry for my English and thank you :) .

Visi

The download is indeed bad. The stub is ok, but the 7z archive (as an overlay) is what's corrupted somewhere. It needs to be re-uploaded.

Just wondering why you would be going with this particular version since it's like 10 months old?