LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GO7600 + vista = screen switches

Oznog

greetings dear friends of mobile entertainment,

i'm using a toshiba A100-979 with a nvidia go 7600 (256MB) as my laptop for work and as destkop for home. i upgraded my system to vista ultimate an now i can't properly work on my analog vga (samsung 710n). the screen switches (randomly) back to the laptop screen, a signal sounds, similar to the usb plug/unplug sound, and then again back to the analog display. this annoying process needs around 2 - 3 seconds and interrupts especial when playing games or watching some dvds.

i exchanged the vga cabel, and tried some other analog display with always the same result ... so i deinstalled the driver, and without the nvidia driver, there is no switching! i've tried some driver from this site, like the 163.67 or 165.01 (with this one, it got just more worse, because the screen switched to the laptop display but not back) but still, i got the switching.

now i wanted to know, if this is a nvidia driver problem? or is it a combination of vista and nvidia so i should switch back to xp to work properly on the analog screen? does someone else experienced this problem and is there a solution?

big thx!

greetings from germany

oznog

Guest CraZyLteR

I had the same problems when I got a notebook with 512MB 7600go. It's a driver problem. Don't waste your time too much for it.

greetings dear friends of mobile entertainment,

i'm using a toshiba A100-979 with a nvidia go 7600 (256MB) as my laptop for work and as destkop for home. i upgraded my system to vista ultimate an now i can't properly work on my analog vga (samsung 710n). the screen switches (randomly) back to the laptop screen, a signal sounds, similar to the usb plug/unplug sound, and then again back to the analog display. this annoying process needs around 2 - 3 seconds and interrupts especial when playing games or watching some dvds.

i exchanged the vga cabel, and tried some other analog display with always the same result ... so i deinstalled the driver, and without the nvidia driver, there is no switching! i've tried some driver from this site, like the 163.67 or 165.01 (with this one, it got just more worse, because the screen switched to the laptop display but not back) but still, i got the switching.

now i wanted to know, if this is a nvidia driver problem? or is it a combination of vista and nvidia so i should switch back to xp to work properly on the analog screen? does someone else experienced this problem and is there a solution?

big thx!

greetings from germany

oznog

Have had the same problems with my 7600go 512mb (zepto 6214w). Sometimes the analog output will switch on and off for a few seconds but most of the time it works. Also hear the "device plugged/unplugged sound".

I¨m using vista ultimate x86 with driver 97.59 (latest supplied by zepto)

Btw, all 7600go users here, what drivers are you using?

Cheers!