LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.01 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA, Crysis SP Demo

mobilenvidia

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Anyone else having an issue with the CP crashing? Driver work fine except for that problem. No improvement in Crysis but first up to date driver to work on my XPS 1710 in a while.

Google this file "enableoldNV_CP.reg".

It helps.

A reg entry to re-enable the old NV CP on 16x.xx drivers? Interesting, maybe this will solve all the no-CP issues for everyone.

Anyone else having an issue with the CP crashing? Driver work fine except for that problem. No improvement in Crysis but first up to date driver to work on my XPS 1710 in a while.

Not sure if it's crashing, but many Dell users, including myself, and a few others have had no success accessing the NV CP on most newer drivers, theres usually a post in each new driver thread about it. Still not sure what causes it or if it's a bug in the drivers themselves or related to the .inf or what, but it sure is annoying.

Edited by Anime Crush

Hi,

After upgrading to these drivers I am getting an error on first boot and whenever I try to access the NVIDIA control panel:

The NVIDIA Display Panel cannot be created.

Possible reasons include:

Version mismatch. Reinstalling display drivers may solve this problem.

Any idea how I can solve this or work around it? I was upgrading from 167.26.

Uninstall old driver before installing a new one.

Uninstall old driver before installing a new one.

Hey, just a quick note to signal that I uninstalled the old driver before installing the new one but I still don't have access to the control panel on my Vaio.

I had to use the reg file and now have access to the old one! :)

Guest djskrilla

I don't know if anyone has tried crysis with 163.44 drivers, but they actually work and could be an alternative.

ASUS F3JM

T2400@1.83GHz

1GD RAM, 7600go 512mb

120gb 5400rpm /WinXP

Running smooth enough at 1024x768 with all medium except shadows and effects(low) I believe.

work great for my Sli3, dual 8600mGT's. Speed is fast when plugged in, and drops down when on battery power. No powermizer issues for my so far.

• 1 month later...