LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8400M G poor performance?

Guest John

Hi,

i have an a7s-7s006c asus notebook with nvidia geforce 8400m g(128mb dedicated,896mb possible when shared with system memory) on it.i know it is an entry level card but it got me very confused concerning it's performance.I got 1204 3d mark '06 points (which is ok?).its clocks are 400mhz core/600mhz memory.i used ntune and brought the card to its limits reaching 660mhz core/998mhz memory.tested and are stable enough.after overclocking i got about 1750 3dmark '06 points.but when i'm running e.g. moh airborne at medium graphics no AA and 1024x768 resolution i get 13 fps,while another laptop(a bit lower spec system) with geforce 7300 on it plays the game at same graphics detail with 2xAA at 27fps!is this possible?

• .My system: Core2Duo T7300 2.00GHz processor,2x1GB DDR2-RAM @667MHz,200GB HDD,800MHz FSB and i have both Vista Home Premium and XP Pro on 2 partitions.Is everything ok or do i need to do something?

Thanx in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John !

you know something , you are so stupid to buy that laptop , i have an acer laptop with a 8400m g, and i can play "moh airbone" with 37 fps with 2xAA at 1024x768 resolution.

my suggestion , buy another laptop

there is nothing you can do.

resign trying, there is no way to improve the perfomance of a scrap iron.

regards,

Betsy :)

i enjoy playing that game, specially with my brother online :) , it is so funy, it is a pity for you :P

first of all, watch your tongue.respect others.second of all,thanks for replying.3rd of all,which drivers are you using?and what is your dev_id?are you sure you have an 8400m g?(not 8400m gs,8400m gt).and what is wrong with my a7s?!(you said that i'm so stupid to buy THAT laptop)

Hi John !

you know something , you are so stupid to buy that laptop , i have an acer laptop with a 8400m g, and i can play "moh airbone" with 37 fps with 2xAA at 1024x768 resolution.

my suggestion , buy another laptop

there is nothing you can do.

resign trying, there is no way to improve the perfomance of a scrap iron.

regards,

Betsy :)

i enjoy playing that game, specially with my brother online :) , it is so funy, it is a pity for you :P

and one more thing.did you overclock and got those framerates?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those seem about right for your card...maybe a few 300 extra marks would make sense on the overclocked version. You cant expect much from 8400M G because its like....the lowest end card. I have the 8400M GT and it should perform 2~3x better than the 8400M G and GS version..

the fact that you are getting such low fps in MoH is abnormal...try updating your drivers from 174xx. Try downloading GPU-Z and CPU-Z and try to locate abnormalities

Those seem about right for your card...maybe a few 300 extra marks would make sense on the overclocked version. You cant expect much from 8400M G because its like....the lowest end card. I have the 8400M GT and it should perform 2~3x better than the 8400M G and GS version..

the fact that you are getting such low fps in MoH is abnormal...try updating your drivers from 174xx. Try downloading GPU-Z and CPU-Z and try to locate abnormalities