LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba A135-S4527

Zer0-

Hey,

First off all after a long search on the net i came here. Im a real noob with Notebooks/laptops. Only expierenced with PC'S.

Now i bought the Toshiba A135-S4527 last week. I got it from my boss cheap! And it was brand new. Im liking it so much but ont thing bothers me alot:

Graphics: Intel GMA950 Graphics 256 shared memory. I tried to play some games like Americas Army or Counter Strike. But wow it is really slow. First thing off before i go to my question. Would the problem be that my graphics card isnt getting enough memory couse: It isnt set up right or Is the 1gb memory on my laptop not enough?

If that isnt the problem i would like to ask is there any possible way to upgrade my graphics card? here are the full specs:

Processor: Intel Core Duo T2080 (1.73GHz)

RAM: 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2 RAM

Hard Drive: 120GB Hitachi SATA

Screen: 15.4? Tru-Brite WXGA (1280x800)

Optical Drive: DVD±RW/DVD-RAM Drive

Graphics: Intel GMA950 Graphics

Slots: Type II PCMCIA (left), 5-in-1 Card Reader (front)

Ports: 4 USB 2.0 (two right, one left, one back), 1 4-pin Firewire (left), 1 VGA output (left), 1 S-Video output (left), 1 Headphone jack (front), 1 Microphone jack (front), 1 RJ-11 phone jack (back), 1 Power jack (back), 1 RJ-45 LAN jack (back)

Wireless: Atheros 802.11g

Best Regards,

Zer0-

No, integrat4ed graphics like the Intel GMA cannot be upgraded as they are soldered to the mainboard.

No there aren't, as it's all not praticable.

I mean probably there are theoritically ways to unsolder the chip, weave some magic and find a supplier to a better INTEL GMA chip (are there any?), let him deliver it to you, solder, pray that Laptop's BIOS will recognize it, and done. You are all set.

Or not!

Hmm not a good idea. Really not a good idea lol. Well Some guys told me it has todo with my ram also. Got vista on here and 1 gb of ram... Videos are shockey sometimes.

So i think its smart to get 1gb with it.

• 3 weeks later...