LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking 8600M GT

geoff5093

I received my Dell Inspiron E1520 yesterday and I installed XP MCE 2005 since I hate Vista, however I've tried using ATI Tool B2, RivaTuner, PowerStrip, but can't overclock at all, they just reset to stock speeds. I've tried using the latest Dell driver with no luck, and I've downloaded and installed the latest ones from here however whenever I reboot my monitor switches to 640x480 4bit and I cant change it, so i'm guessing something is wrong with the driver/INF. All of the threads i've read on the web, people are using Vista. Is this an issue with XP, or is it just a coincidence?

Anywho, does anyone know how to overclock the 8600M GT in the Inpsiron/Vostro under XP? Or for that matter install the newer drivers?

I received my Dell Inspiron E1520 yesterday and I installed XP MCE 2005 since I hate Vista, however I've tried using ATI Tool B2, RivaTuner, PowerStrip, but can't overclock at all, they just reset to stock speeds. I've tried using the latest Dell driver with no luck, and I've downloaded and installed the latest ones from here however whenever I reboot my monitor switches to 640x480 4bit and I cant change it, so i'm guessing something is wrong with the driver/INF. All of the threads i've read on the web, people are using Vista. Is this an issue with XP, or is it just a coincidence?

Anywho, does anyone know how to overclock the 8600M GT in the Inpsiron/Vostro under XP? Or for that matter install the newer drivers?

i thought i hated vista too but its prety nice once u get to know it a lil better.

stable drivers to OC are as far as i know still 158.45.

I tried it with Riva 2.06 on 16x.xx series but it turns it back to stock aswell.

• 6 months later...
Guest Andrew Kallweit

I just got done vmoded my 8600m gt in my dell inspiron 1720 clocks are 685/1620/617