LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for HP dv5000 notebook with a nvidia GeForce 7400 Go

z3r0n1m0

Hi there!

I am from Germany, please do not mind my weak English skills :-)

I've got kind of a problem. I am using a HP dv5000 notebook with a nvidia geforce 7400go, and I can not install any driver from the 15X.XX series from this board or from any other source.

Those problems started when I was updating to vista. The Geforce has lost performance, and I think it lost also additional memory. At the moment it is using only 255 Mb shared. When I was using it under XP I thought it was something around 400 Mb shared.

The next thing is that I can not scale my screen anymore when I am using an 4 : 3 resolution.

Could anyone help me and send me an up to date driver which also can be used für the 7400 go? During installing I always get the message, that there is no driver in the package für my device.

Please help me :-(

Thx!!!!

You should be able to use any recent driver if you use the modded INF which is to downloaded seperately (read FAQ :) )

Thanks a lot, I will try it!

Please don't be mad if I do ask simple questions again, isn't that easy for me and there is no familiar page in german :-(