LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Tryingt o Overclock 8600MGT

Guest Garandhero

Guest Garandhero

So I got a dell with a 8600MGT set at 475/400..

I downloaded nTune and I want to overclock ~ but everytime i change frequencies in nTune and hit apply, it just reverts back to the stock settings.....

can someone please tell me how to work around this..

I am currently using 156.69 drivers...

Thanks again! (Im shotting for 600/480 at first btw)

Also can someone recommend what drivers I should be using? Where to get them, and How to install them... Thanks!

I have an 8600M GT and I am using 169.04. I OCed using rivatuner 2.06 and bumped mine up to 575/475. Didn't care to do more than that, I just wanted The Witcher to play smoothly.

• 3 weeks later...

the drivers provided by microsoft through windows update and Dell drivers are useless and crap . they dont allow you to overclock your gpu in most cases . so make sure you download the modified drivers which are found on this site , download the latest beta drivers from this site , and follow the instructions in detail as written on the driver page on this website .

the drivers provided by microsoft through windows update and Dell drivers are useless and crap . they dont allow you to overclock your gpu in most cases . so make sure you download the modified drivers which are found on this site , download the latest beta drivers from this site , and follow the instructions in detail as written on the driver page on this website .

make sure after following the above steps , download nTune and try overclocking .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vashts121

I had the same problem, and it seems to me that nTune was causing the problem. First, install RivaTuner overclocker, then uninstall nTune. Next, download coolbits 2, install the registry key, and you should be able to OC fine. I have a GeForce 8600GT like yours (DDR2) and I can oc it to 680/510 max, but it heats up fast so I keep it at 530/450.