LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Trying to download drivers

Donachello

Hello,

I'm trying to download some drivers but the download speed is so slow its painfully slow it's going to take me 9hrs to download a 35MB file :) when it should only take at least 2 minutes. Now I know it's not my connection because i can browse anywhere on the Internet and download files are a fast speed and when I try to download a file from here it's like being back with a 56K Dial-Up Modem. Are you at the peak of the threahold of bandwidth alocated to this website. I have a 20MB cable connection and downloading this file should be a walk in the park.

Is there anywhere I can download these drivers "Windows Vista 163.75" :)

Not likely to be honest with you, I can download an 100MB file in less than 2 minutes, so it's not my connection. I can download any file anywere on the Internet and get a fast result, on this website it's dreadful, I don't understand why but looking at the transfer rate you can see what I'm on about. I've tried a standalone machine not connected to a network and I get the same results.

What is the bandwidth alocation for this website...? a site with as many drivers on as this one should be using a host with unlimited resources whereby the bandwidth in not affected. All I want to do is download a file and I get results like this. :)

post-16128-1194394110_thumb.png

problem is apparantly on your side, i got 350 kbyte/s at the moment :) 2 minutes 2 go till complete.

I'm finding it painfully slow too - I've not had any problems and using this site for Months, and I'm not finding it slow downloading anything else from t-internet (since I've not been able to download the drivers I wanted, I've instead downloaded tons of freebie MP3s from Beatport - going very fast!). I'm now even finding the Boards Slow, where as earlier this evening it was running super slick, now the smileys at the side haven't even finished loading.

Likesay, I know it's not my end because other sites are downloading at full pelt, but I'm wondering if there's some internablly slow connection between me and the lv2g server...

Tracert isn't showing anything abnormal, except that I'm 28 hops away from the lv2g servers...

Suggestions?

K

I'm finding it painfully slow too - I've not had any problems and using this site for Months, and I'm not finding it slow downloading anything else from t-internet (since I've not been able to download the drivers I wanted, I've instead downloaded tons of freebie MP3s from Beatport - going very fast!). I'm now even finding the Boards Slow, where as earlier this evening it was running super slick, now the smileys at the side haven't even finished loading.

Likesay, I know it's not my end because other sites are downloading at full pelt, but I'm wondering if there's some internablly slow connection between me and the lv2g server...

Tracert isn't showing anything abnormal, except that I'm 28 hops away from the lv2g servers...

Suggestions?

K

Yeah download elsewhere.

I just downloaded the same file from another website and these are the results of the transfer rate, which blows Mr. Guest theory out of the window...? :)

post-16128-1194395215_thumb.png

[update] It looks as though the threahold was down to the throughput output of the website itself, in otherwords and in plain English. Evereybodys mother, uncle, sister, and brother was downloading files last night causing a bottleneck on the website. Because I downloaded the same files this morning, (well early this mornign) and done. Although the transfere rate was not perfect and still took longer than antisipated, it took 30 minutes when it should have only taken 28 Sec. I would highly recommened a members only base for doanloading files and remove permissions for guest to download files, because this was the main cause of the slowness of the website to be honest.

Members only base and remove permissions for guest to download, and this website will be great, until then you are going to face the same problem each time, I proved there was nothing wrong with my connection by downloading the same file from another website and it was fast. Downloaded the same file from here, and it would take 8hrs to download a file 35MB. Remove the permissions for guest to download and this will increase the download speed on this website for sure.

Edited by Donachello