LaptopVideo2Go Forums

163.75 Drivers for 8600M GT - Should I install them ?

hellows

Hi there. I just got a new game TimeShift and when I start the game a massage comes up asking me to update my graphic card drivers.

I have a P670 from Rock with a 8600M GT card.

Now, on the Nvidia web page there is a table and you can choose you product like the graphic card you have but they do not list the 8600M GT. The drivers that are avaiable are for the 8600 GT.

Is there a differance between them and can I install them ?

What would you recommend, can I use them on my laptop safely ?

Is there no differance between drivers for the 8600M GT and 8600 GT ?

I only want to use official drivers nothing homemade or cracked/hacked/overcloced etc.

Pegasus 670-T7500

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz, 4MB Cache, 800MHz

WSXGA (1680 x 1050)

New NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Graphics

2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

160GB 7200rpm HDD

Internal Bluetooth & Anti Theft Alarm

TV Tuner

Windows Vista Home Premium

8x +/- Dual Layer DVD Writer

I would say go with the 169.04 driver that is the latest one. If you don't like it's performance then go with the 163.67 that has been the most stable one in my opinion.

Those drivers aren't designed for laptops, and forcing them to install is not a very good idea.

Our modded INFs tell the drivers how to correctly install on laptop cards, with all of the laptop specific settings.

Just download the driver, unpack it, and replace the INF file with the modded one.

Some of the drivers we host are laptop drivers though, and in some cases no modded INF is needed.

The 163.75 or other other drivers mentioned in the topic should work ok for you.

How does the divers numbering system work ? Why are they called 169.04 ? why 04 ? And how do I know which one is the latest ?

Is it save to play with drivers like this ? I mean unistall and install new ones that did not come originally with the laptop ?

I just red your instalation guide which is super helpfull. Great job.

PS: I have noted that IO am not able to use download accelarator to download your drivers. Using GetRight. or am I wrong.

Edited by hellows

How does the drivers numbering system work ? Why is this one for example called 163.75 ? what does the .75 stand for ?

Just red the instalation guide on your web page. Realy good. Thanks.

Sorry about the duble post. Got a dial up connection and it did not show my previous post.

Edited by hellows

I have installed the 169.04 drivers but my laptop goes crazzy after instalation. The pulpit frezes and the performance is so slow.

Can this be the driver ? I did not knwo they could have such a big effect on the performance and system.

I have unistalled them.

Are there any other drivers for the 8600M GT which are stable ?

Why don't you install them and find out?

Just make sure you uninstall the newer driver first.

OK I will. So I need to 'roll back driver' first to install the new ones ?

Just would like to know if this is something that can happen when you install new drivers or am I an exception ?

How does the drivers numbering system work ? Why is this one for example called 163.75 ? what does the .75 stand for ?