LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Why won't nTune let me overclock 8600m gt?

Guest jamesbigmac

Guest jamesbigmac

I have an 8600m GT 512mb card that has factory settings of 475/400 and I want to overclock those to about 580/480. When I got to set these numbers, I slide the bars in the custom tuning section to 580/480, and go to click apply. However, when I hit apply the settings automatically reset to factory settings and I am stuck with the same s***ty 475/400 clock settings.

Any idea on how to fix this?

i got the same problem using Rivatuner

I got the 169.04 driver and Rivatuner 2.06

After pressing OK the settings go back to default !^%@^&%@#%!

ffs!

some1 please help!

I really don't think it is because of the driver. I have tried both the 169.04, and 7.15.11.117 whatever that is (computer automatically found the update). Sorry that I can't give any more details into the driver, but I have no idea where computer got it from, and it isn't digitally signed.

What drivers are you using?

got a stable clock with 169.04 using ATitool on 590/490 (3dmark06 4226) but want to make it permanent.

Riva 2.06 wont let me, it goes back to default after pressing ok

• 1 month later...
Guest Phoenix

Use Coolbits to unlock the registry values, and you should be able to overclock.

KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO INCREASE COOLING CAPACITY ON A MOBILE CHIPSET, WHICH ALREADY RUNS HOT, AND YOU RUN THE RISK OF FRYING YOUR HARDWARE. YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE LIABLE. OVERCLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• 4 weeks later...

same problem here with my 8600m gs

i got 169.09 drivers and also tried coolbits,

but neither rivatuner nor atitool won't let me change a damn thing

resets back to default values

i wanna oc.. please help

Drivers past 169.04 may not overclock - try it.

ther newer drivers would do, my current 169.25 can overclock with ntune perfectly, and if you want permanent, change it in bios

Morris Lee

I have the same problem, but!

RivaTuner and nTune don't let me rise up frecuency.

I tried to set 200/400 and it works. but now all programs think that 200/400 is default and I can not set back really default 500/400 :)

Please help! I have acer 5520, Win XP and tried 169.28, 167.58, 101.54

PS sorry for my bad English

• 4 months later...
I have the same problem, but!

RivaTuner and nTune don't let me rise up frecuency.

I tried to set 200/400 and it works. but now all programs think that 200/400 is default and I can not set back really default 500/400 :)

Please help! I have acer 5520, Win XP and tried 169.28, 167.58, 101.54

PS sorry for my bad English

I have just done the same thing! I lowered the frequency to see if it works the other way, but now the default is 183/400 and I can't change it back! Help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, I recently upgraded my Acer Aspire 4520G from 8400m g to 8600m gt, and I can't raise the frequencies past the default 475/400.

I am using 156.83 modded drivers for xp. I used to overclock my old card using Riva Tuner, but now it is no longer possible. Does anyone have any ideas?