LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Go 6100 drivers on Vista

Guest Lubi

Hi,

I have Acer Aspire 9300 series and I just can't update the drivers for Geforce Go6100 on it. I tried the modified INF from this site but after I install it and restart, the system won't come up at all. Then restarts again and the old driver is recovered.

I'm using Win Vista 32bit.

I would appreciate any help since I read somebody managed to install it but they didn't say how. I would really like to update as the original driver of 97.55 is quite old :)

Many thanks for any help or tips, very appreciated.

L.

Guest AppleCrow

The 156.73 Vista driver provides an original inf which supports go 6100.

Just have to download driver from the forums, unpack it, unzip original_inf.zip, overwrite any existing file, and install it by launching setup.

It will normally provide you an functionnal and up-to-date driver.

The 156.73 Vista driver provides an original inf which supports go 6100.

Just have to download driver from the forums, unpack it, unzip original_inf.zip, overwrite any existing file, and install it by launching setup.

It will normally provide you an functionnal and up-to-date driver.

hm, weird, I so get exactly the same error as if I was trying to install higher version where there is no 6100 in the original INF. ...If I bypass the installation by using the modded INF, it crashes...

:/

hm, weird, I so get exactly the same error as if I was trying to install higher version where there is no 6100 in the original INF. ...If I bypass the installation by using the modded INF, it crashes...

:/

sorted...somehow managed to install v.165.01 for Vista.