LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba X205-Sli1 Problems

extmender

I have a question I hope someone can help me out with.

I just purchased a Toshiba X205-Sli1 with dual 8600M GT's in Sli. My question is this. I downloaded the newest version a Nvidia Drivers for Vista Premium 32bit from Laptopvideo2go.com. Sli is enabled via the Nvidia Control Panel. When I go into the graphics options for World In Conflict, it dose not give me the option for [2] Display Adapters ( not sure if it is ment for dual monitors ). Also if I try to enable DX10, it tells me that my video proformance will be bad. I dont get it? I have dual 8600M Gt's in Sli with 512mb plus+ and it tells me that DX10 will suffer and no Dual Adapter settings? It runs fine with medium settings but if I go to Higher or custom it suffers!!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so do you have any fix for me to try for this problem? Also DX10 seems to suffer playing Hellgate London too! I dont get it!! I dont think DX10 or Sli is actually being enabled.

The laptop is bone stock with 2GB Ram, going to upgrade to 4GB of Ram later though, but this should have nothing to do with it other than Vista being a memory hog.

Any help on this matter will be much appreciated!!!

What's the chipset? You may have read that updating drivers on SLI laptop is somewhat troublesome.

You can't use dual monitors AND have SLi enabled. You'll need Matrox's Dual or TripleHead2Go for that. Also, DirectX 10 performs poorly even on the best DX10 desktop hardware and you lose as much as 20fps vs DX9. Visit www.HardOCP.com for more info.

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Well as stated above the latest drivers for vista installed perfrectly for em with NO skiping the second card and reloading (ie std driver instaltion) and an 8000 bench mark, for test purposes im now gona go back to XP as this will or so i can gather run better for gaming and also i dont like the DX10 that is run with vista, eveywhere is stating that the usage of the CPU is 44-66% more for a little increase in advanced textures. I will update you of the outcome!

I am pretty sure its the Intel Chipset that is tweaked to run Sli since I dont know of any laptops that run the Nvidia Sli Northbridge as of yet. Anyhow, it's Intel.

That's what I thought the Display Adapter problem on WIC was for dual displays, thanks for the input on that problem.

So do most people have problems and/or reduced rates running DX10 games on laptops regaurdless of Sli rigs?

Vista and DX10 are just awful currently, higher CPU usage and lower framerates across the board for the majority of games (even native DX10 titles) for what amounts to barely percetible visual difference.

imho, its just not worth it. stick to XP and DX9.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm....

I've got the same problem as extmender... I've bougt the europeand Version of the Toshiba X200-205 SLi3...and that was the stupid thing ive ever made! ITS HORRIBLE!!!

At extmender: You only could use the toshiba-display, wehn you want te "SLI-Power"

Direct X10 is working fine on my Laptop, i don't know why i don't work on yours...

>>>>>>> Our Laptop has an Intel chip: "Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset", and no Nvidia-chipset...thats the reason why our systems couldn't show their real power...but we notice it to late...and now, i only want to search for a rope and a hook on the ceiling...

• 5 months later...

If you use any driver other than Toshiba's on a x205-sli, then sli will stop working. It says it is enabled, but it is not. DO NOT INSTALL MODDED DRIVERS ON A TOSHIBA X205-SLI. In fact, the only way I've found to re-enable sli and have it truly work is to reinstall windows, as simply reinstalling Toshiba's driver doesn't do it.

not really sure what the above post is refering to. i have an x205-sli2 using the 177.41 drivers and sli enables just fine. 3dmark06 score 8575 at defaults. can also use ntune 5.054 to OC.