LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba X205-Sli1 Problem

extmender

I have a question I hope someone can help me out with.

I just purchased a Toshiba X205-Sli1 with dual 8600M GT's in Sli. My question is this. I downloaded the newest version a Nvidia Drivers for Vista Premium 32bit from Laptopvideo2go.com. Sli is enabled via the Nvidia Control Panel. When I go into the graphics options for World In Conflict, it dose not give me the option for [2] Display Adapters ( not sure if it is ment for dual monitors ). Also if I try to enable DX10, it tells me that my video proformance will be bad. I dont get it? I have dual 8600M Gt's in Sli with 512mb plus+ and it tells me that DX10 will suffer and no Dual Adapter settings? It runs fine with medium settings but if I go to Higher or custom it suffers!!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so do you have any fix for me to try for this problem? Also DX10 seems to suffer playing Hellgate London too! I dont get it!! I dont think DX10 or Sli is actually being enabled.

The laptop is bone stock with 2GB Ram, going to upgrade to 4GB of Ram later though, but this should have nothing to do with it other than Vista being a memory hog.

Any help on this matter will be much appreciated!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a question I hope someone can help me out with.

I just purchased a Toshiba X205-Sli1 with dual 8600M GT's in Sli. My question is this. I downloaded the newest version a Nvidia Drivers for Vista Premium 32bit from Laptopvideo2go.com. Sli is enabled via the Nvidia Control Panel. When I go into the graphics options for World In Conflict, it dose not give me the option for [2] Display Adapters ( not sure if it is ment for dual monitors ). Also if I try to enable DX10, it tells me that my video proformance will be bad. I dont get it? I have dual 8600M Gt's in Sli with 512mb plus+ and it tells me that DX10 will suffer and no Dual Adapter settings? It runs fine with medium settings but if I go to Higher or custom it suffers!!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so do you have any fix for me to try for this problem? Also DX10 seems to suffer playing Hellgate London too! I dont get it!! I dont think DX10 or Sli is actually being enabled.

The laptop is bone stock with 2GB Ram, going to upgrade to 4GB of Ram later though, but this should have nothing to do with it other than Vista being a memory hog.

Any help on this matter will be much appreciated!!!

The old 7950 GTX mobile cards p1$$ all over the 8600M/8700M cards in terms of performance. Just becasue a card has 512Mb of ram doesnt automatically mean its going to perform like a beast. GPU's are far more complicated than simply how much RAM they have.

SLI doesnt allow the use of dual monitors. You CAN disable SLI for the times when you would like to use dual monitors, then want you want the performance boost (if there is such a thing on a 8600M/8700M setup.....) then you can re-enable SLI.

DX10 is currently very poor in the performance department (esp on laptops). straight comparisions between DX9 on XP and DX10 on Vista quite clearly show a consistent 10-20 fps loss on DX10 with Vista.

Both world in conflict and esp Hellgate London are very heavy on the GPU, most desktop GPU's will suffer, you've bought the wrong gfx cards if you thought you could enjoy high/very high details in AAA games released within the last 6-12 months.