LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware m9700 SLI Drivers for XP

mercmmm

Ok heres the deal i did a couple of searches in the forums to try to find out if there was a work around/updated drivers for the Geforce GO 9700 SLI cards. The thing is the ones on the alienware site are outdated and i would like to update them.

All the searches i have done have come up with information about Vista but i am running XP.

If someone could just point me in the right direction i would be HAPPY! lol

Thx

Dave

Hey Dave,

i am in the same boat as you (see signature for my specs) and i would also like to know about newer drivers for my cards. Im pretty sure ive still got the stock alienware drivers (8x.xx I think, sorry im at work atm so i cant check) they seem to be working well, sli works, havent had any problems so far (several months now) :P .

I have recently started playing 'The Witcher' (great game) and when the settings are maxed out its can get choppy, mainly in the cutscenes. Even after reducing the resolution from its native state (see sig.) down to 1440 x 900 and also some settings (AA & AF, lighting, shadows, etc.), the cutscenes are still choppy :) ... not sure if thats because its really just too high settings or if its due to very outdated drivers...

so can somebody here at this excellent site (helped many times :) ) please point both Dave and I to some new Sli capable XP drivers for our cards (again see sig. for specs).

Thanks in advance.

wtf ?

why dont u use the 169.09 drivers with the modded inf here from this board ? have the same machine, allmost ALL drivers found here u can use with sli enabled, only a few dont work for your machines :)

btw: coolbits and other stuff to oc and find max clocksettings for your, card best works with the stock driver 8x.xx from the aw support, or u can also use the 9x.xx found there for the gf 7950 go stuff. if your not looking for oc then use the drivers from this forum with modinf or the inf-enhancer. hf

Hey, yeh i just found the 169.09 driver a few days ago, its great :P SLI works fine. The Witcher aint choppy anymore, even on max settings and resolution :)

Dave get this driver now! :)

Hmm... i had to turn down the resolution 1 notch in the swamp area in the witcher (a rather gpu intensive section of the game) with the rest on max only coz the cutscenes in there were a little choppy. Still the best driver ive tried (havent tried many lol).

Guys im having trobule with those moded drivers. Games preformance is way better but movies now freezing every few seconds. I didnt have that problem with defualt Alienware drivers ( 84.x ) Any ideas?

Hmm... No Idea except try some other drivers, i dont really watch movies on mine. Its all pretty much trial & error...

• 4 weeks later...

So glad I found this post. I have the same spec's as ManoWar and the 169.09 works perfectly on my m9700. I play mostly CS:Source and COD4 and have seen increased performance over the old driver I was using (I think, 94.71). Also, the old driver didn't allow me to play Call of Duty in SLI, which was just Lame.

Thanks for all the leg work.

How do you install the driver? Automatically or manually. Is there the Sli option in the Control Panel after installation?

I have a similar Arima based Laptop and I cant get Sli to work. It's really strange, because we have the same nforce4 chipset. Can you please tell me whats your Mainboard and GPU bios?

I'm searching for new Sli drivers for over six month, unsuccessful :)

And now you tell me the 169.09 is working on your machine........ :)

• 3 weeks later...

same here, alienware m9700 with outdated 84.71 nvidia drivers...installing the 169.09 now..

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Sager 5950 model with SLI, and I cant get SLI mode either with the new drivers. Can someone who has gotten them to work with SLI please post step by step how you installed?

Sager 5950

Turion ML44

2x 7800GTX

2gigs mem

60gig HD