LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8400M G No Drivers that Work Properly...

cashflow

Hey, well, I am an owner of this card and the problem is that the only drivers that work on vista 32 bit is the asus ones, however, they do no support any games that I want to play. The problem i have is that with all the drivers I have tested, I have a weird LAG on animation in aero mode. Like when I click minimize from a full screen window, it does it but it's not smooth. Does anyone know how to solve this?

P.S Just tried 158.18 and LOL, they even don't see my card correctly. They say I have some NB8M-SE...

drivers I have tried so far: 15818_vista/15845_vista/16344_vista/16311_vista/16218_vista/163.69_VISTA/158.34/169.04/163.74/158.36/163.16/156.66 and all the latest ones...

This might not be a driver issue. It sounds like something is choking your system. Check your device manager and see how many process you have running and how much ram is being used. Any information you can provide would help diagnose the issue. Have you run and spyware or virus scanning programs? I think it might be programs in your background using up resources. What is your cpu percentage being used? It won't stay constantly at 0 but should stay within single digits if your at the desktop with no programs running.

I have 70 processes, 2GB ram, and most of the time 40% is used, never seen more than that. And with ASUS drivers everything works smooth and seamlessly so this is definitely a driver problem.

Most of the time you have 40% cpu usage? It doesn't drop to single digits and stay within that range when you have no programs running?

Most of the time you have 40% cpu usage? It doesn't drop to single digits and stay within that range when you have no programs running?

No, RAM usage, CPU is stable, 0-10/20% if doing some web browsing..

Hmmm. Before concluding that these drivers just aren't compatible with your computer, run a spybot search and destroy scan as well as a virus scan. You never know. I have a similiar setup as you and don't have problems with this driver. That is why I feel it's gotta be something other then the driver that is bogging your computer down.

These is what I have tried so far, the last ones are 156.57....and I thought that they fixed the problem, but no... The reason why I'm saying this is driver issue is because I used to have drivers from this web site that ran perfectly, but I wanted to get more aero score and downloaded new ones, forgot to roll back and installed another ones over them, so now I simply do not remember which ones were the best for me.

Plus, this issue should be known as I have seen a person who had the same problem, but the driver he had no problems with do not work for me...

post-15986-1194966557_thumb.jpg

I don't really know what else you can do. I would go into device manager, open display adapters , right click your grpahics card and select update driver. Lets see what version your computer installs and how well it runs.

This is ridiculous, I installed the ASUS driver again, just to see if I'm paranoid, and everything works just so damn smoooooooooth, but the game that I play doesn't run... Oh, and if I do what you said, it will tell me that the driver is up to date.

Out of curiosity what game is it you are trying to play?

Dark Crusade... :) , damn, I don't need to have super benchmark score, or whatever, I just want to run vista smoothly and play that game... :)

Edited by cashflow

That game could probably run on a cell phone. Are you having any issues playing it?

With other drivers that cause that Animation lag, nope, runs good, with the ASUS drivers that has no vista lag, it won't start because ti says it doesn't support dynamic lightning or something like that...

So you can play the game good but vista sucks OR Vista will run good but the game won't start. Wow.

Make your computer so vista runs properly. Right click on the icon that runs the game and select properties. Then click the compatibility tab. At the top clcik run this computer in compatibility mode and I guess try windows XP. Also check disable visual themes. Try it again and see if the game launches.

So you can play the game good but vista sucks OR Vista will run good but the game won't start. Wow.

Make your computer so vista runs properly. Right click on the icon that runs the game and select properties. Then click the compatibility tab. At the top clcik run this computer in compatibility mode and I guess try windows XP. Also check disable visual themes. Try it again and see if the game launches.

Yep, you got it right, I found another driver that runs vista smoothly, 10145_vista....hmm, game won't start though...

Hmm, maybe I should download a patch for that game, or something..

I hate to say it but it could be a vista thing. Try the compatibility mode and use the settings I recommended to you in my previous post.

Another odd suggestion I have would be to make your computer run vista crappy but play the game. Launch the game and go into the video options. Turn everything off and use the lowest video settings possible. Then make your computer so vista runs good again and then see if it will start the game. Then go into the video options and slowly start turning video setting back on again and see where the crash is and then just back it off a little.

their are patches out for this game. I don't know if they'll help in regards to compatibilty but it is worth a shot.

their are patches out for this game. I don't know if they'll help in regards to compatibilty but it is worth a shot.

SUCCESS!!!!! :) The patches did the job, I guess, it starts, vista doesn't lag, heaven...

Thanks for the help, dude, but still I think that the DRIVER DEVELOPERS should consider 8400M G in their driver sometimes... Note:, not GS, but G, it's a crappier card, but doesn't mean nobody has it. P= :)