LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7950 GTX - Any help appreciated

Guest Rholr

Hello, I know this topic has been posted a million times, but I've read the posts and haven't seen an answer.

I've searched through the help posts and looked through each level of drivers ( 60, 70, 80, 90, etc...) and I can't seem to find a driver that is listed to support the Geforce Go 7950 GTX (code=.0297). I did however read in a previous post of another guest who asked a question or concluded that the Geforce Go 7900 GTX and 7950 GTX use the same drivers, however, I never read an clarification on whether or not it was optimal/possible.

The previous guest did find a working driver, 93.7 I believe, but when I checked the link which is still working it didn't include the 7950 GTX in the supported cards list for the driver. Also, this post was written nearly 18 months ago, as well as the driver also being 18 months old.

Currently I am using 156.55 drivers, but I'm not entirely sure as to whether or not they are the correct ones for my card. So now I'm lost and in help of need as to what current driver I should use to give the best performance on my 7950 GTX for playing current games such as CoD 4 and Crysis. I understand this is a question many of you don't like, and am sorry for bringing up the sour words, but any help would be greatly appreciated, even a point to the right direction. I've read the support posts, but I think I'm more confused now than enlightened.

Thanks

Hello, I know this topic has been posted a million times, but I've read the posts and haven't seen an answer.

I've searched through the help posts and looked through each level of drivers ( 60, 70, 80, 90, etc...) and I can't seem to find a driver that is listed to support the Geforce Go 7950 GTX (code=.0297). I did however read in a previous post of another guest who asked a question or concluded that the Geforce Go 7900 GTX and 7950 GTX use the same drivers, however, I never read an clarification on whether or not it was optimal/possible.

The previous guest did find a working driver, 93.7 I believe, but when I checked the link which is still working it didn't include the 7950 GTX in the supported cards list for the driver. Also, this post was written nearly 18 months ago, as well as the driver also being 18 months old.

Currently I am using 156.55 drivers, but I'm not entirely sure as to whether or not they are the correct ones for my card. So now I'm lost and in help of need as to what current driver I should use to give the best performance on my 7950 GTX for playing current games such as CoD 4 and Crysis. I understand this is a question many of you don't like, and am sorry for bringing up the sour words, but any help would be greatly appreciated, even a point to the right direction. I've read the support posts, but I think I'm more confused now than enlightened.

Thanks

so far the newest driver that works without de-clocking it is 165.01. the 169 series de-clocks the card to half speed but 165.01 works very nice

running alienware m9750 with single Go 7950 GTX

Yup, 165.01 works for me too. With the modded inf, of course.

With 169 series my card overheats because the temperature is reported incorrectly.

With 169 series my card overheats because the temperature is reported incorrectly.

Thanks for the quick reply, and just for clarification the modded inf file is next to the download option when downloading the driver correct? I check some threads a couple days ago for different inf files based off your CPU Model/Make and couldn't find one for XPS M1710, so I assume I just use the modded version that available when downloading the driver? SOrry for retard/noob questions.

Thanks for the quick reply, and just for clarification the modded inf file is next to the download option when downloading the driver correct? I check some threads a couple days ago for different inf files based off your CPU Model/Make and couldn't find one for XPS M1710, so I assume I just use the modded version that available when downloading the driver? SOrry for retard/noob questions.

Yes, use the INF that's at the top of the page. It makes the driver installable for any card.

Yes, use the INF that's at the top of the page. It makes the driver installable for any card.

Can't seem to find it in the 160 section, also I notice you run vista. I forgot to clarify/tell that I was on 32-bit XP.

I used the modded .inf file that was available with the driver, but after replacing this modded with the one extracted from the driver it ended up blue screening me everytime I loaded up my desktop. Any ideas?

so far the newest driver that works without de-clocking it is 165.01. the 169 series de-clocks the card to half speed but 165.01 works very nice

running alienware m9750 with single Go 7950 GTX

Where did you hear that the 169 series de-clocks the card. I have a m9750 with SLI 7950 GTX running on the 169.04. Could I get better preformace using the 165.01?

Guest Canucklehead

I'm totally lost with these drivers too. I'm running 7950GTX in SLI on Vista 64 bit. Trying to play CoD4 and getting 15-30 fps on max settings. Pathetic! Haven't had any luck finding drivers that work. Any one with a solution would be our hero!

I'm wondering if I should be thinking about rolling back to XP, but then my 4gb of RAM won't work =/

Anyone know if the 8700GT SLI in Vista 64 runs smoothly?

Help us pleeease.

I used the modded .inf file that was available with the driver, but after replacing this modded with the one extracted from the driver it ended up blue screening me everytime I loaded up my desktop. Any ideas?

You don't replace the modded one with the original one. That's why there is a modded one.

• 2 weeks later...

XP 32b

Run #1- DX9 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: Medium ~~ Overall Average FPS: 39.65

Run #2- DX9 1900x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: Medium ~~ Overall Average FPS: 23.54

Run #1- DX9 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 20.33

Run #2- DX9 1900x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 12.17

3DMark06 8941

Run #1- DX9 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: Medium ~~ Overall Average FPS: 44.33

Run #2- DX9 1900x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: Medium ~~ Overall Average FPS: 25.945

Run #1- DX9 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 21.88

Run #2- DX9 1900x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 13.355

3DMark06 8926

Am using the 169.06 for Crysis, FarCry, BF2, RB6 Vegas, GRAW 2, FEAR and Dirt with no problems.

GPU temps 41 idle 60 load

• 2 weeks later...

So the overheating problem with 169.xx drivers happens to you too? I thought my card was messed up...

I'll try out 165.01. I hope it doesn't give me the black model issue in COD4.