LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking 8600M GS on my Vaio FZ21Z

Kacper

Hi Guys!

I have a 8600M GS with gddr3 memory which is standard clocked @ core 500 and memory 702.

Since i did a clean vista install my 3dmark06 score raised from +/- 2500 to about 2900.

Then i overclocked it with latest rivatuner to core 600 and memory 702 which gave me a score of 3400.

Temparature is not getting above 65 degrees (viewed with rivatuner) which seems very good to me. Also no

crashes, artifacts or whatever in 3dmark06.

But then..i set my core to 700 (200 increase) and memory to 800 (almost 100 increase). I ran 3dmark06 again

and still no crashes, artifacts or anything strange. My score was now ALMOST 3900!!!

My temparature was not gettting above 70 degrees now which is still very good i think.

I can run need for speed pro street, bioshock, soldier of fortune 3, unreal tournament 3 etc. all at high settings smoothly.

So my question is...How the hell is this possible?? And should i go any further than this??

It was a pretty expensive notebook and i want to use it for at least 2 more years so i dont want to destroy anything.

Any advise??

Thanks! :)

N.B. I'm using the modded 169.04 drivers (cant watch blueray dvd's with this one, to solve that i use 156.69)

Edited by Kacper

i managed to overlock it to 4100 MARKS!!!! (core @ 721, memory @ 930, max temp. 72 C)

Real max temperature is around 75 degrees because of the little error in 169.xx drivers (tested myself).

From this settings the marks wont increase a lot anymore. I only use this settings when playing a game and after

that i reset my settings to factory. So i don't use any windows startup or bios flashing!

This is because in case of a defect i still want to have the opportunity to return it to sony :)

i managed to overlock it to 4100 MARKS!!!! (core @ 721, memory @ 930, max temp. 72 C)

Real max temperature is around 75 degrees because of the little error in 169.xx drivers (tested myself).

From this settings the marks wont increase a lot anymore. I only use this settings when playing a game and after

that i reset my settings to factory. So i don't use any windows startup or bios flashing!

This is because in case of a defect i still want to have the opportunity to return it to sony :)

At 4100 score...u got temp around 75? And oc at 721/930? How come so low?

wat version 3dmark u use? 05? 06?

I got 4450 wif 3dmark06..oc at 651/512.. temp only around 55 to 60..use a cooler pad of coz..

driver 169.04.

3dmark06. But i'm talking here about a GS, not a GT :)

3dmark06. But i'm talking here about a GS, not a GT :)

Ops.. sorry..my bad..

is it so many difference between gs n gt?

Anyway..i still keep wonderin.. How come did u manage to oc the core at 721 and memory at 930? And at that level i thought the marks will be a lot more....

:) :)