LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Crash in Gears of War

Guest Guest2842

Guest Guest2842

Hello

I recently purchased an Asus G1 series notebook. Specs are: 2.0 duo, 8600gt, and 2 gig ram. The operating system is windows vista 32-bit. I now need your help to play Gears of War for the PC. As you can see, I meet all the minimum requirements, but am unable to play. Twenty seconds into the game. It tells me to download the 163.44 drive but everytime I download the drive it cannot recognize my operating system. Asus support site is extremely difficult to navigate through to find the right drive download so I am stuck with no options. I recognize it could be the makers of the game (Epic and Microsoft), but the forums at Epic are not helping either. Please tell me if there is additional information you need. Any type of help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

Guest EnigmaColossus
Hello

I recently purchased an Asus G1 series notebook. Specs are: 2.0 duo, 8600gt, and 2 gig ram. The operating system is windows vista 32-bit. I now need your help to play Gears of War for the PC. As you can see, I meet all the minimum requirements, but am unable to play. Twenty seconds into the game. It tells me to download the 163.44 drive but everytime I download the drive it cannot recognize my operating system. Asus support site is extremely difficult to navigate through to find the right drive download so I am stuck with no options. I recognize it could be the makers of the game (Epic and Microsoft), but the forums at Epic are not helping either. Please tell me if there is additional information you need. Any type of help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

You can ignore the update drive check box. I am running Gears of War on the 86.43 drivers from Sager without any graphical issues. My system is the Clevo 900K laptop with a 7900gtx go. If I can run it with stock drivers you should be able too. All the drivers from Nvidia do not work as intended on my Clevo. The only driver that came close to working perfectly was the 169.04 drivers but that caused a significant performance drop in COD 4.

You can ignore the update drive check box. I am running Gears of War on the 86.43 drivers from Sager without any graphical issues. My system is the Clevo 900K laptop with a 7900gtx go. If I can run it with stock drivers you should be able too. All the drivers from Nvidia do not work as intended on my Clevo. The only driver that came close to working perfectly was the 169.04 drivers but that caused a significant performance drop in COD 4.

I have tried ignoring it. It still crashes within 30 seconds when i reach the main menu screen. It is extremely frustrating.

My Notebook Spec is while playing GOW:

HP Pavillion DV5228TX

Intel Centrino Duo (Core Duo) 1.66 GHz

Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 ForceWare Version:156.79 (Installed by using Modded INF)

1G DDR2 667 RAM

I skipped the updating graphic driver and play it. It is playable. I set it to low performance. Quite satisfying loading, game crash in certain point. Low FPS.

Suggestion: Try download the driver at here (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/) and the modded inf to install.

My Notebook Spec is while playing GOW:

HP Pavillion DV5228TX

Intel Centrino Duo (Core Duo) 1.66 GHz

Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 ForceWare Version:156.79 (Installed by using Modded INF)

1G DDR2 667 RAM

I skipped the updating graphic driver and play it. It is playable. I set it to low performance. Quite satisfying loading, game crash in certain point. Low FPS.

Suggestion: Try download the driver at here (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/) and the modded inf to install.

alright, I will give it a try and report back....thanks guys

Why don try use 169.04 or 09? I use 169.04 to play gears of war almost all setting high..cod 4 same too.. No problem doin headshot.

Dell 1520

2048 GB ram

8600m gtg 256mb overclock at 650/500...

Uninstall the game.

Uninstall the Nvidia Driver.

Try to update Direct X to version 9.0c the latest and then update to Direct X 10.

Download the Microsoft Live update, this can be found on teh gamesforwindows website but don't update yet.

Reinstall the Game.

Don't run the game but run the live update.

Install the latest Nvidia driver version 169.04 wiht the mod INF.

The Nvidia driver can be found on the laptopvideo2go website.

After this all run the game.

Guest Guest 2842
Uninstall the game.

Uninstall the Nvidia Driver.

Try to update Direct X to version 9.0c the latest and then update to Direct X 10.

Download the Microsoft Live update, this can be found on teh gamesforwindows website but don't update yet.

Reinstall the Game.

Don't run the game but run the live update.

Install the latest Nvidia driver version 169.04 wiht the mod INF.

The Nvidia driver can be found on the laptopvideo2go website.

After this all run the game.

I will do this and report back. I hope this post will help other people with the same problem. Thank you guys.

Guest Guest 2842

OKay. I made some progress thanks to the post above. There is no longer a driver error message. I downloaded the driver from the site and did the "have disk" process. However, when I open up the game it only takes about twenty seconds before it crashes. I was reading that this could be a microsoft live issue. Anyone have any more suggestions or information about all this?

Again, thank you so much. I am glad I got to fix my driver thanks to the Guest poster above.

are you using another virus scanner or firewall tool then the the standard in vista.

Do you have the service disabled, check to make sure.

I had same issue, error is caused by the microsoft live connection unable to connect to the internet.

This is caused by a virus scanner & firewall tool, in my case it was Live One Care.

Don't disable the Firewall service and the windows defender service, this is causing an error when running a game which needs to contact the Microsoft live server for veri......