LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't get previous resolution back - HP zd7000 w/ GeForce FX 5600

Daneo

Well my hard drive crashed and reinstalling everything I cannot seem to find/remember the driver I used from this website to set my laptop's resolution higher than 1024x768. I am currently running the 167.45 however that is not the one I used in the past.

Is anyone else running this setup with a higher resolution? If so could you give me the specs? Its driving me batty as my graphics program looks primitive and distorted with this resolution.

Any help would be appreciated...Dan

Well my hard drive crashed and reinstalling everything I cannot seem to find/remember the driver I used from this website to set my laptop's resolution higher than 1024x768. I am currently running the 167.45 however that is not the one I used in the past.

Is anyone else running this setup with a higher resolution? If so could you give me the specs? Its driving me batty as my graphics program looks primitive and distorted with this resolution.

Any help would be appreciated...Dan

Hey Dan,

I have the same laptop and used v169.09 with Vista

Hey Dan,

I have the same laptop and used v169.09 with Vista

Well I just realized that the 169.xx version wasn't working due to the Rundll32 error (windows shut it down). I simply reverted to version 85.05 which is just the driver and can be installed using the "Update Driver". Fixed the Rundll32 error and I can now set my resolution for both the LCD and external Monitor.

Dan

Well I just realized that the 169.xx version wasn't working due to the Rundll32 error (windows shut it down). I simply reverted to version 85.05 which is just the driver and can be installed using the "Update Driver". Fixed the Rundll32 error and I can now set my resolution for both the LCD and external Monitor.

Dan

Hey Dan,

Are you runing vista? If so where can I find the 85.05 driver?

Hey Dan,

Are you runing vista? If so where can I find the 85.05 driver?

Yes - I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. Here is the link to the driver I downloaded from this website. It is not a full setup program and I suggest you uninstall any previous versions you may have installed and then download/unzip this into a directory. Update your video driver by going to the adapter properties and selecting "Update Driver" and use the "Have Disk" method.

Good Luck