LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v156.83 XP 32bit | LENOVO

mobilenvidia

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 156.83 for Windows XP/2K 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows XP/2K 32bit

Driver Version: 156.83

Driver Date: 2007-11-16 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 36.12 MB

Driver Released by: Lenovo

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_040C&SUBSYS_20D917AA] NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
[DEV_0429&SUBSYS_20D817AA] NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

OPEN ISSUES

• The computer will reboot when entering to suspend mode with Intel AMT (Active Management Technology) ready.
  • WHQL digital signature for Windows 2000 is wrong

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

This driver works on ACER 5520G (NVidia 8600m with 512 mb Ram ddr3)?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to install these drivers on my new laptop but when I look at the version it still says the old version number. I did go through uninstalling the driver first so I'm not sure what's going on. And now that I have an nvidia display manager icon in the task bar, if I click it it says Resolve Version Mismatch. When I click that it gives me the following.

nview.dll desktop manager hook library 6.14.10.12001

nvshell.dll shell namespace library 6.14.10.12001

nvappbar.exe nview toolbar 6.14.10.11131

nvwdmcpl.dll desktop manager properties panel 6.14.10.12001

nwiz.exe nview desktop manager setup wizard 6.14.10.12001

nvtuicpl.cpl control panel icon program 6.14.10.12001

nvwddi.dll display driver interface library 6.14.11.5683

nvcpl.dll display driver control panel 6.14.11.5683

nvdspsch.exe display schemes menu 6.14.10.11131

iexplore.exe internet browser program 6.0.2900.2180

Is there more I need to uninstall aside from just using the uninstall driver option in device manager? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

just tried this v156.83 and the same thing happened with v169.09 driver that it won't install and reboot its self before the drivers finishes being installed. when it rebooted its still the default VGA driver and the same "new hardware detected" asking to install new drivers again going in a infinite loop.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....5533;entry67972

btw, both v156.83 and the v169.09 driver were tried with the modded inf.

Is there a more recent driver? And does this one work for a 8600M GT 512MB DDRII from Asus?

hello help immediately

i have hp dv 6646us notebook and nvidia geforce 7150 m graphic card and i couldnt find its driver i have tried lots of drivers but all of them said there is no hardware for this software please help me

• 4 weeks later...

Grab a more recent driver and don#t forget to download seperately the INF.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

sorry for my english i am really bad :)

I have Vestel laptop

Nvidia 8600M GT 512 mb

and want a new driver !!!

I have really bad problems and i want to download recent driver

Where is my solve???

Guest Anurag
hello help immediately

i have hp dv 6646us notebook and nvidia geforce 7150 m graphic card and i couldnt find its driver i have tried lots of drivers but all of them said there is no hardware for this software please help me

use 163.75 with modded inf

Guest Guest

sorry for my english

I have really big probem:

1)bought laptop toshiba x200-22v. nvidia geForce8700m GT on board.

2)Killed vista

3)Have workable xp wih almost all drivers installed exept DISPLAY driver

please help just to find something to make it work normally (at list in windows on 1024x768) untill Nvidia.com will give us at least beta XP driver for geForce8700m GT.

• 3 weeks later...

Totally worthless driver! It only works with two video cards and if you use the modified INF to shoehorn it into an unsupported system, you get a lockup and a blank screen. Real, real useful.

Why is this even posted here? It's only for the Quadro cards nobody can afford!

edit: If I'm supposed to "read that part" then why on earth is it linked as the "latest version" on the LaptopVideo2Go.com front page? How frustrating is that? I had to dig through this forum to find a version that actually supports my chip... and I'm still downloading that one. How much bandwidth are you guys wasting with people downloading the wrong driver over and over until they find the right one? How bout some better organization? >.<

Edited by Falcon4

• 3 months later...
Guest tEH_Dude

Actually, I happen to have one of the two cards supported by this driver, and there are very few drivers that support these cards! Usually I have to search forever (trial and error, there doesnt seem to be a search here) before i can find a driver thats compatible with my relatively rare card. I guess I got lucky this time, now that its right on top for once!

QUOTE (hussam @ Feb 6 2008, 02:51 PM)

hello help immediately

I also have the 7150M graphics card and tried using the 163.75 with the modded inf file and it "successfully" installed but windows freaks out and tells me the driver is not compatible with this version of windows. Is this a SP3 thing??