LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASUS Z62J MXM compatible?

calcipher00

HI. i have a laptop that is a ASUS Z62J model.. im just wondering is my laptop MXM compatible.. coz i have i geforce go 7300 PCIe in it.. isnt it PCIe is the same with MXM??

• 2 weeks later...
HI. i have a laptop that is a ASUS Z62J model.. im just wondering is my laptop MXM compatible.. coz i have i geforce go 7300 PCIe in it.. isnt it PCIe is the same with MXM??

Ah, afraid not. PCIe, is simply the interface type. It can be hard soldered, propriteray modular, mxm, or even some odd combo of the first 2...

MXM itself, is PCIe stuffed into a specific form factor and with a specific connector, built to fit fairly... specifically. Abeit, in recent days these specs have been used a bit TOO flexibly... *grumbles about the many MXM version/setup cross incompatibilities* but no. PCIe doesnt mean MXM. MXM does as far as I know mean PCIe however XD Not that it helps.