LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Notebook Cooler Pads - What to get?

Laes

In a few days I will be receiving my Inspiron 1720 with the 8600m GT and want to keep it as cool as possible to game all through the scorching summer heat (in Australia). Now given that this is a 17 inch notebook, I have found it hard to know what coolers / cooler pads would be suitable for this size of notebook and would like a recommendation. I probably won't be overclocking due to the fact that I don't want to void my warranty, but I would like a cooler suitable for overclocking.

If anyone knows a good cooler specifically for this model notebook this would also be a big plus.

What are the best 17 inch notebook coolers out there? As for cost, I can go up to around $60-$70 USD if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Laes

$60-70 is a lot. I guess since our dollar sucks now it isn't much to you now. :)

Anyways, I tried the Targus ChillMat but that stopped working after about a year. I just got the Antec Notebook Cooler and I think its working better. It was on sale for like $15 or something at CompUSA but I don't know if that's still going on.

$60-70 is a lot. I guess since our dollar sucks now it isn't much to you now. :)

Anyways, I tried the Targus ChillMat but that stopped working after about a year. I just got the Antec Notebook Cooler and I think its working better. It was on sale for like $15 or something at CompUSA but I don't know if that's still going on.

Ah, yeah I looked up Antec Notebook Cooler on eBay and it came up with 2; one of them is a cooler pad you place underneath, and the other has 2 fans and it sticks out the back, which one of these were you referring to?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The Antec Notebook Cooler runs great for me... definate drop is temps. at least 5-6 degrees... quiet and a nice blue led.