LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Crysis - 8600M GT

Valkirie

My 8600MGT DDR3 doesn't have fan and have incredible Frequencies, so don't worry.

Guest klehriker
I use Rivatuner 2.06 and Forceware 169.25, but my GPU is detected as 8400M GT :)

help anyone???

Thx!

Hey,

Where is your problem? There is no Sony Vaio FZ290 with a 8600m GT, but a 8400m GT, as far as I know.

Hey i am using vista can i apply everything you use in your guide??

i am using acer gemstone 5920g t7300 with 256mb 8600m gt

I have a vostro 1500 with 2.2Ghz core 2 duo, and with 8600M GT DDR2.

Has any1 here tried Crysis on 64 bit? Any difference on the performance?

I tried it on 64 bit but the performance was actually worse. I don't understand why I hear "Crysis runs 15-20% better on 64bit mode" from many websites.

@ Guest_Ak_: Thats norma, because vista with 64bit uses more RAM, so its not so fast...

>>> I have the 8600M GT SLI, an a "normal" system, and crysis is running on "high"-settings with a good framerate (30-80fps---it depends)

I dont know why^^ i don't overclocking my laptop ( *afraid* ) but the latest driver (171.14) and good settings in the nvidia control panel i think...

But i also have big problems WITH OTHER GAMES like Oblivion, which runns so slow, i could go and make me a sandwich, and nothing is happened in the game (no

wonder--- 3-20 fps...)

• 7 months later...

Hey there, I figured I'd tag on to this topic rather than start a new one. I'm having some problems running Crysis on my machine. I have a sony vaio VGN-AR770 wuxga display with nvidia geforcem 8600gt. 3gb of ram, and 2.4ghz processor. I can't run crysis on anything but completely LOW settings, does this make sense? I ran a few little FPS tests and here are the results:

With my default drivers that came with the machine:

Low FPS: 12-20

Med FPS: 7-10

With driver 177.92:

Low FPS: 18-22

Med FPS: 8-11

I also tested with driver 174.74 and achieved mostly the same results as the 177.92

Also I've been running the game in DX9 even though my machine has DX10, somewhere along the way I was told it would run better with 9. Anyway, do these specs seem normal for my machine? I had hoped to be able to play Crysis on at LEAST medium settings! Thanks for any help in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there, I figured I'd tag on to this topic rather than start a new one. I'm having some problems running Crysis on my machine. I have a sony vaio VGN-AR770 wuxga display with nvidia geforcem 8600gt. 3gb of ram, and 2.4ghz processor. I can't run crysis on anything but completely LOW settings, does this make sense? I ran a few little FPS tests and here are the results:

With my default drivers that came with the machine:

Low FPS: 12-20

Med FPS: 7-10

With driver 177.92:

Low FPS: 18-22

Med FPS: 8-11

I also tested with driver 174.74 and achieved mostly the same results as the 177.92

Also I've been running the game in DX9 even though my machine has DX10, somewhere along the way I was told it would run better with 9. Anyway, do these specs seem normal for my machine? I had hoped to be able to play Crysis on at LEAST medium settings! Thanks for any help in advance!

Same here. I think that's a matter of luck :)

Wat res are you using???

also shaders on low = a poor looking crysis. Best reduce object quality, the less your GPU has to render, the more FPS you get.

May sound stupid but make sure you have the latest patch 1.2

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, my 8600GT handles crysis in dx10 at only a 5 fps loss. Thats quite a bit still but its still very playable in DX10. I play in DX9 now though cuz I dont see much difference in graphics right now.

Crysis I had to run all medium.

In warhead i can run all high 1024x768 or Enthusiast/hi/med mix at 1280x720, or another Enthusiast/hi/med mix where shaders are enthusiast at 1024x768.

Pretty much for me, i like games above 20-25 FPS. So thats about the frames I get on all those settings above.

Edited by MonkeyMhz