LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers page with DEV/SUBSYS search

Teraphy

There is nothing like starting out the day all stressed out by tracking down a bug. Testing on the test server with just the main pages files worked fine until it went into the live environment with other directories. The old mod_rewrite worked just fine on the old server but broke down with the updated Apache on this server. I had to temporarily remove the actual /drivers directory that contains the BIOS, sound, WLAN files and will include them on the drivers page soon.

However, in its place can be found the drivers page with a search option. Yes I am aware the feedback isn't quite there but I can easily add that later on.

Essentially you can search by just device ID (DEV) with no subsys and the results returned will be drivers that contained a line with just that device and no subsys (ex. 0123 returns INFs containing a single reference: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0123 ). By adding in the subsys it will obviously return the results with device&subsys: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0123&SUBSYS_01234567. Alternatively, you currently can search for just a SUBSYS as well but this will return just references to your laptop model and could also contain a non-matching device/card to your system.

This search option is really implemented to reference the available OEM driver(s) matching your desired card/laptop.

Enjoy!

In reference to the enhancer page: I am updating the code as I can now utilize some PHP 5.2.5 functions that I had to recreate for 4.x. I had a day off and it was devoted to the driver page and the search feature.

Thanx a lot for all that hard work to bring back one of the most important sites in the web!!

:) :)

Ditto. Thanks for all the time you put into this site and dealing with it's issues.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for my question...

Where do i find the DEV and SUBSYS of my video device?

Thank you.

Good question. I think the easiest way is to use the device manager. There is a details tab that will display the desired information for your display adapter.

Found it! I can see it because i have installed drivers for my video card... but if i had not drivers... how to see DEV and SUBSYS?

Thank you so much for your help!

My DEV is 0533 and SUBSYS is 01261025, but when i make a search i get this message: Error: There are no drivers matching this request.

Why? Is it normal?