LaptopVideo2Go Forums

new official ALIENWARE beta XP 7950gtx SLI driver

Guest Guest

Can't enable Sli, because there is no Sli option. As I expected.........

now that is weird because these drivers should have the DDK unlocked code that officially supports the n100 chip. SLI should definately work on any package supplied by Alineware.

Well it is a BETA driver.

shouldnt marrer if its beta, fact is nvidia has supplied the drivers to Alienware via the DDK so it should have the correct unlocked code/file for n100 support.

have any other m9750 owners with SLI tried these drivers yet?

I'm thinking it could be either a bad driver build with the nForce100 support commented out accidentally or a selective test build for AMD based Aurora platforms with NForce 4x0/6x0 series chipsets.

Either way the fact remains NForce 100 support is not in this driver apparently.

I would encourage feedback on this as well.

I'll try when I have time. I'm currently working 7 days a week from 2pm-2am trying to finish the end of quater rush ><; AND I still haven't completed my x-mas shopping.. sigh.

Expect a reply by Dec.26 from me if someone else hasn't already checked this....

• 9 months later...

You may want to try v176.09 from Clevo - no need for any modded inf. N.B. Use the link provided by M_P_E on that page as the 'download' at the top of the page doesn't work.

I installed them a couple of weeks ago and they work fine with Crysis and World in Conflict (the only games I have played so far with these drivers).

The only issue installing these is that after installing the second card the screen goes black. But don't panic - just wait a few minutes and hit enter. You should hear the Windows logging off sound and the machine will reboot. After reboot you will need to enable SLI using the Nvidia Control panel.

Good luck!