LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP! New notebook not working as it should!

Cujucuyo

Hi guys, I just bought a CyberpowerPC, it runs great and all, I installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit plus all the drivers that came in a CD along with my computer, but I was :) that when I tried to open Battlefield 2 or battlefield 2142 it just went full screen, all black and then it tells me:

"Battlefield 2142.exe has stopped working..."

and goes back to the desktop. I did some research and apparently the problem is that my 17" screen has a refresh rate of 59Hz... Minimum is 60Hz. Weird thing is some people comment how great this computer runs battlefield 2, etc, etc. On the monitor it comes with. Which leads me to wonder if I need a driver that will make this PC run/perform as it should?

This is the video card I have on this notebook:

Built-in NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT 512MB with Turbo Cache Technology Video.

I've been on this for more than 10 hours.... :)

My main components are:

IntelĀ® Core? 2 Duo Mobile T7700 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.40GHz 800FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit

17" WSXGA+ Widescreen TFT Display 1680x1050 Pixels

Mobile Intel PM965 + ICH-8M Chipset Mainboard

4GB PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory

120gb HD.

8x DVD Drive.

PLEASE help me, I'm very frustrated on this matter and your help is highly anticipated, thank you! :P

My guess is that I don't have the right driver.